What else can I try?

Guest datelinenbc

Guest datelinenbc

I am about to pull my hair out! I tried Zencart, Cubecart and Oscommerce. None of these sites give me sales, plenty of traffic, But its always the same problem Checkout is too long, cubersome and confusing.

:):):D

I tried express checkout here by the way its still too long. I use paypal, and I need something that completely by passes the login in nonesense and goes into paypal.

any ideas?

I am about to pull my hair out! I tried Zencart, Cubecart and Oscommerce. None of these sites give me sales, plenty of traffic, But its always the same problem Checkout is too long, cubersome and confusing.

:):):D

I tried express checkout here by the way its still too long. I use paypal, and I need something that completely by passes the login in nonesense and goes into paypal.

any ideas?

With myself and others getting sales (and some of us a lot of sales) every day with the standard cubecart, are you sure the checkout process is your problem???

I would really look at other factors such as presentation, price, information provided to your customers, etc, before I blamed the checkout process. Yes a few people might not want to register, but in my experience, a legitimate customer who wants what you offer will as long as you offer a good price, good service, and plenty of information like how to contact you, return policy, etc.

Sounds to me like you might have more issues than checkout.

Guest datelinenbc

i have a beautiful template, great product, good prices and good images.

;)

B):P:w00t:

any ideas?

With myself and others getting sales (and some of us a lot of sales) every day with the standard cubecart, are you sure the checkout process is your problem???

I would really look at other factors such as presentation, price, information provided to your customers, etc, before I blamed the checkout process. Yes a few people might not want to register, but in my experience, a legitimate customer who wants what you offer will as long as you offer a good price, good service, and plenty of information like how to contact you, return policy, etc.

Sounds to me like you might have more issues than checkout.

Guest Brivtech

;)

... But possibly a lousy marketing strategy (I mean this in the nicest way possible, so please don't take it wrongly B) ).

Just because you have a nice web shop, doesn't mean it actually serves to bring you customers. This is something you have to do yourself. The web shop is simply a tool to do a particular job. You need to make people out there know you exist, and get the traffic built up.

There's quite a few ways to do this, including:

- Google Ad Words

- SEO (Making your site rank slightly better in search engines)

- Internet Directories and review sites

- Personal recommendations

- Advertising

I deal a lot with reprogramming sites for clients who have no internet presence. Quite simply, they previously spent lots of money on wonderful sites that offer no actual content to search engines. In addition, they put the words that they wanted, but not necessarily what their customers were looking for.

There's a lot of different things to consider when starting an online business. Something those Dummies books never cover. Also, never make assumptions about your customers.

My advice would be to start making some proper market research, (examine your main demographic), and based on this promote your site in the right places.

;)

If you say so. Since you didn't post your url, I really cannot say for certain, which is why I provided general comments about things that often turn off shoppers. I just feel you have to evaluate the whole package, not just checkout method. And feedback from others is a great way to see shortcomings you didn't notice. Ask friends or family to check out your site and give you some feedback too.

Contact methods is a biggy - I cannot tell you how many customers call me just to make sure I'm a real business before they place their order - and tell me how happy they were to find a phone number (and a toll free one to boot!) so they could talk to a live person unlike most sites. I also have instant chat customers love.

Building a site that gets sales takes some time to work the kinks out of.