Advice on carts needed

Guest warpaint

Guest warpaint

Don't know if this is the right place, but here goes.

I am in a pickle. I am looking to set up store, to sell products and services. Also I would like to be able to include informative articles, tips and news.

Now I have tried CC,Virtuemart and Zen

Zen - Very powerful but a complete pig to configure and cutomise

CC - looks great, but reduced functions without paying $70 and soon rack up money with paid mods (Which all look greeat by the way)

VM - Easy set up, can include articles etc, but some functions a little primative at the moment and forums not best yet.

I would be grateful if any one can help here on CC or am I just trying to mix too many things on 1 site

Is a solution to have Joomla as landing and CC for example as linked store?

Cheers

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

I think you do what you need with Cube Cart. You can create articles as site documents through the admin control panel or seperate html pages and link to them in a side box. They can even be java pop up windows. I have successfully done this in the past.

CC - looks great, but reduced functions without paying $70 and soon rack up money with paid mods (Which all look greeat by the way)

There are no reduced functions with CC without registering - the only thing you cannot do if you don't register it is to remove the "powered by cubecart" and cubecart copyrights. But it is fully functional.

Guest warpaint

Hi Stewart,

I think you do what you need with Cube Cart. You can create articles as site documents through the admin control panel or seperate html pages and link to them in a side box. They can even be java pop up windows. I have successfully done this in the past.

That sounds great - have you got any links to how to do this (Bit lazy of me really)

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

That sounds great - have you got any links to how to do this (Bit lazy of me really)

Stewart

Not really but if you contact me through msn, yahoo or icq I'll be glad to walk you through it

Guest warpaint

Hi Stewart,

Stewart

Not really but if you contact me through msn, yahoo or icq I'll be glad to walk you through it

Thanks Roban - I'll get the basics set up first and probably come back to you then