Only Accept Visa Mastercard

Guest Keenan Harward

Guest Keenan Harward

We use Authorize.net and we only accept Visa or Mastercard Payments, however, I do not see where in Cubecart I would block other credit card numbers or have the buyer have an drop down option to select. I only see where credit card number entry box with exp date.

How do I prevent buyers from entering AMEX, Diners Club, Discover numbers or is there a better way/option in Cube Cart I am not seeing.

Thanks

Is there a way to limit what credit cards are used?

I know I have seen other stores limit you to using Visa and Mastercard. AMEX charges higher fees for one and some brands of cards are just not accepted and the store doesn't say what is allowed nor does it prevent the entry.

We need the store to either give users the option of selecting which card they are using with say a drop down box and limiting that drop down to Visa and Mastercard OR prevent users from entering card numbers that start with any number other than a 4 (Visa cards all start with the number 4) or 5 (Mastercards all start with the number 5).

Assistance Please.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Keenan Harward

Thank you - this will hopefully pre-notify the user that we only accept Visa and Mastercard. Problem still remains though the user can enter in a Discover or American Express - and then the order will come back to a screen that says "Sorry, your order failed!" but does not state why.

Is there somewhere we can change this page so it says "Sorry, your order failed! Please go back and make sure your credit card number is correct. We only accept Visa and Mastercard." ??