Skin Generator

gazza

Guest devstudent

I haven't mastered the art of what you can and can't link to around here yet, so I'm going to default to safe I think. The rules seem to only actually apply to certain people or something because I see posts go up with direct conversation on stuff that isn't supposed to be allowed in the rules on this site, yet certain people are allowed full discussion of commercial third party products they offer while others are denied this right.

The who's and whats mean nothing to me, I could care less who gets allowed to do what and for what reasons, my only point is that it confuses me as to what I can and can't link to when I am only an innocent bystander who has no interest in a link I may provide.

So the safest way I can answer your question is there is a third party who has provided a web site in which you can change skins around to see how they look in a live type environment that is up and working rather well.

Apparently a lot of people around here cheat the rules, see your reply and you'll suddenly get hit with an over abundance of PM's from people soliciting their third party profit efforts to you.

I have made the suggestion to them that they should do pretty much exactly what your asking to further develop what has already been done, I'm sure the suggestion has them thinking, but as far as I know what your asking specificly has not been done yet.

Baby steps anyhow, just a working demo that lets you see the actual admin control panel while checking the software out would be great.

Changing the colors of the skin is one of the easiest things you can do in Cubecart. It is when you want to change layout of boxes and page format and functions when it starts getting complicated.

It is all in the skins/YOURSKIN/stylesheets/style.css and /layout.css files.

@ devstudent:

The rules seem to only actually apply to certain people or something because I see posts go up with direct conversation on stuff that isn't supposed to be allowed in the rules on this site, yet certain people are allowed full discussion of commercial third party products they offer while others are denied this right.

Don't be a dweeb. If you don't understand something, you might ask instead of posting nonsense.

This forum has not been set in cement since it's founding, but is dynamic, it grows and it changes. If you see posts with people discussing mods and showing links, look at the date on the posts. There was a time that this was allowed. The archives here are full of great info on mods and links to sources, but folk won't know that who do not use search or who just joined last week.

If you see posts that appear to be flaunting the rules and are of a recent date, use the ! Report this Post ! feature to bring it to the moderator's attention. Your help will be appreciated, while your wise-cracks and insinuations may not be.

A word to the wise :D

@ gazza: Sorry, I do not believe anyone has created an online, automatic skin generator for CubeCart.