Paypal Direct

Guest overflowing

Guest overflowing

I 've been having problem with Paypal Direct. Here is the kicker, Paypal Express works great. Everything on my shopping cart works great. When a customer go to his or her final check out at the Direct this comes up:

Sorry, your order failed!

You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:

I don't understand if one works the other one should. If you can help or give me some ideas thank you much.

Overflowing

Guest overflowing

I know what the problem is now for Paypal Direct. All of you that are having problems with this message coming up:

Most credit cards only show the expiration date as this 10/07. The customer should put in all four digits. 2007. I have always just put what was on the card in the date field. That was my problem.

Moved

Thank you!

Guest kaskudoo

can someone else confirm, that this is the culprit? if so, then could someone post a dropown list of year dates, so that the customer can choose from that instead?

shouldn't be too hard :blink:

Guest overflowing

Sweden,

Can you enlighten us on what the problem could be? I will agree it is not the hold problem. It just work on my problem inserting 10/07 didn't work, but inserting 10/2007 did. So, with that, do you have any idea what it could be? Because I could possibly have this problem again, correct?

Thank for your help and insight,

Overflowing

Guest sweden

No, i have no idea why the orders keep failing. I have just discovered this issue on a customers website and I am trying to figure it out.

Has anyone got Paypal direct working?

Please enlighten us...

Any help appreciated.

Guest Cellular Amps LLC

I have paypal direct working... as a matter of fact, I just tested it. (my store is still closed the to public as I add and update, but should be up early next week.

I have paypal pro $20 a month option, which also give you paypal virtual terminal.

First you have to have SSL turned on via the admin panel in CC.

I logged into paypal to make sure that I have API info (profile section)

you will need to Request API Credentials unless you have already done this, then of course put the txt file into the pear directory.

Also make sure that the redirect is set correctly, via the website payment preferences.

Mine is set to: https://www.cellularamps.com/checkout

Auto return is set to "ON"

Payment Data Transfer set to "ON"

Encrypted Website Payments I have set to "Off"

PayPal Account Optional I have set on "ON"

Contact Telephone Number I have set to "ON required" but this may need to be set to "ON Optional" or even "Off" recommended via Paypal, since if it is required and CubeCart does not ask for it your card will be declined. causing a failure.

You may also want to check the shipping calculations section, if you have shipping turned on via the web site. Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled). You will need to check this if you already set up shipping costs on the site otherwise express will cause some odd issues.

I also got an error the first time I attempt to use direct error was as stated above "Sorry, your order failed!", so I turned on the debug and reattempted, I found this in the logs:

Processor Decline</ShortMessage><LongMessage xsi:type="xs:string">This transaction cannot be processed.</LongMessage><ErrorCode xsi:type="xs:token">15005

This indicated that it was a credit card issue not a CubeCart or Paypal issue. So I attempted with another credit card and it worked without issue. It may have been the lack of phone number being passed or it could have been I miss typed a number or the Credit Card company just didn't like my transaction. Not sure without calling the Credit Card company which I haven't done yet.

Other than that if you have any questions let me know and I will attempt to help out.

Guest kaskudoo

80-90% of orders through the website are going through. cubecart .13 and paypal pro (95% direct payment), have maybe 25 orders/month

if they are not going through it is most likely the bad connection the other party has or a mistyped number somewhere

Guest woodstuck

I'm having a similar, but different, problem, which seems to be related to PHP 4.4.4, etc. (see my post to this forum of 29 March)

Which version is your server running?

Thanks.

Guest kaskudoo

Server Software: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

MySQL Version: 4.1.21-standard-log

PHP Version: 4.4.6

CubeCart Version: 3.0.13

Guest overflowing

I am running this server!

Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

MySQL Version: 4.1.21-standard-log

PHP Version: 4.3.10

CubeCart Version: 3.0.15

Guest woodstuck

kaskudoo, do you have open_basedir set? (it should be there, in your site's php info page, and is set on many a shared server)

The PayPal API was apparently tested with PHP 4.3 but, as of PHP 4.4.4/5.1.5, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION is disabled when open_basedir or safe_mode are enabled.

I'm wondering if it works again in 4.4.6?

I'm using CubeCart 3.0.15, but I don't think 3.0.13 is different in this respect.

Thanks.

Guest kaskudoo

under open_basedir it says 'no value' in local, as well as in the master column

safe_mode is off as well.

hope that helps (that stuff is telling me nothing :w00t: )

Guest woodstuck

It's not the answer I had hoped to hear, but thanks anyway.

In case you're curious, when open_basedir is set, it restricts PHP's access to only the specified folders. In a shared hosting environment, this is pretty common, to prevent one site from interfering with another. In older versions of PHP, the cURL package, which is used to exchange messages back and forth between your site and PayPal, ignored open_basedir (sometimes? I'm not certain of the exact circumstances). They fixed it in 4.4.4 by disabling certain cURL options whenever open_basedir is set.

I've been hoping for a less restrictive fix in a later version of PHP, but I haven't found anything yet.

• 2 months later...
Guest Andy-Flashie

I am also having this same problem!

This message appears after filling in c/card info in my cart:

In my opinion it cant be anything c/card based error as it comes up within a second, now if it was trying to accept the transcation it would at least take a few seconds to process right? But this error comes up instantly.

Its as if its not passing the info on to paypal or something.

Any help is appreciated!

• 5 weeks later...

This indicated that it was a credit card issue not a CubeCart or Paypal issue.

Other than that if you have any questions let me know and I will attempt to help out.

i have the same problem, even though it says the payment failed the payments does go through. if there is a problem with the credit card then surely the payment would go through.

i agree it has something to do with the communication between paypal and cubecart.

Do you all having errors keep the 'Debug' set to on?

I noticed if I had mine disabled then I think all orders would fail for some reason.. Turned it back on and now only a smaller amount fail.

If you have the debug on, review the log files in the pear/tmp directory. Most of my PayPalDirect failures are from an AVS 'N' code return (Address - No Match).