Products disappeared from admin after adding 1700 categories

Guest support@cryweb.com

Hello!

I'm running the latest version of cubecart. I have 156 products and 1700 categories... due to the nature of the products I need some many categories because 1 product can appear in 100 or more categories...

The problem is that everything was ok before 1000 categories and when I added 700 more I can't see any product in admin page.

On the shop's front page everything is ok and all products are present... in Admin everything is fine but when I click View Products from admin panel I see the following - look at the attachment.

ANY IDEA WHAT TO DO?

By not replying does not mean we did not see your post.

If we do not have a satisfactory answer we rather not give you one at all. :blink:

Please bare with us :cry:

The above attached image is not a known bug in the latest version.

Also I'd like to point out that the price hasn't gone up. We have ended the promotional period and we have sales recorded for $89.95 each approximately two years ago.

I see you have a customer+ status. Please submit a support ticket and I will have a deeper look at this for you. We will need admin access and possibly FTP access too. Please also state if any modifications have been made to the code with details of what they have been.

• 3 months later...

Hello!

I'd like to know if this problem is fixed in latest cubecart versions or not?

The whole problem was that cubecart can't work with more than 1000 categories... they simply don't load to drop down category menus.

Now I do everything from database but would like to know if this was fixed or not?

Guest Brivtech

The above attached image is not a known bug in the latest version...

... I see you have a customer+ status. Please submit a support ticket and I will have a deeper look at this for you. We will need admin access and possibly FTP access too. Please also state if any modifications have been made to the code with details of what they have been.

Did you submit a support ticket as Al suggested?

If so, I would imagine that he was made aware of any bug, and would have updated the system accordingly.

The problem is that everything was ok before 1000 categories and when I added 700 more...

View Products from admin panel [is bad.]

Just a few thoughts:

Maybe the problem happened "around" the 1000th category (or sub-category), but not exactly at the 1000th. I do see anything that would limit the drop-down box to 1000 entries.

In /admin/products/index.php, line 347, a query is pulling three columns from the _category table, then in line 373, a list of OPTION statements is being built from the rowset. And apparently that's where the code generation stops.

If you are still having this problem, what we need to see are the last few lines of the web page source that was delivered to your browser. (View Source in your browser.) I'm thinking the last line will contain a clue as to what's stalling the PHP of your store's delivery of the page's HTML.

If you are, in fact, receiving the entire page, then look for the string of OPTION tags in the source. There might be about a thousand of them!

I'm going to make a gentleman's wager that one of your category names has an illegal character. If so, then what you are seeing might be a problem with your browser's inability to make sloppy guesses as to what it should do. IE6 was reasonably good this, maybe IE7 not so much.

The above attached image is not a known bug in the latest version...

... I see you have a customer+ status. Please submit a support ticket and I will have a deeper look at this for you. We will need admin access and possibly FTP access too. Please also state if any modifications have been made to the code with details of what they have been.

Did you submit a support ticket as Al suggested?

If so, I would imagine that he was made aware of any bug, and would have updated the system accordingly.

Yes, I did and they suggested to remove drop down and do it manually:) At the moment I'm still doing it manually...

Imagine adding product and then going to mysql to set category and the same with sub categories...

The problem is that everything was ok before 1000 categories and when I added 700 more...

View Products from admin panel [is bad.]

Just a few thoughts:

Maybe the problem happened "around" the 1000th category (or sub-category), but not exactly at the 1000th. I do see anything that would limit the drop-down box to 1000 entries.

In /admin/products/index.php, line 347, a query is pulling three columns from the _category table, then in line 373, a list of OPTION statements is being built from the rowset. And apparently that's where the code generation stops.

If you are still having this problem, what we need to see are the last few lines of the web page source that was delivered to your browser. (View Source in your browser.) I'm thinking the last line will contain a clue as to what's stalling the PHP of your store's delivery of the page's HTML.

If you are, in fact, receiving the entire page, then look for the string of OPTION tags in the source. There might be about a thousand of them!

I'm going to make a gentleman's wager that one of your category names has an illegal character. If so, then what you are seeing might be a problem with your browser's inability to make sloppy guesses as to what it should do. IE6 was reasonably good this, maybe IE7 not so much.

The whole problem is not with drop down but with query... if you have more than 1200 categories it takes so long to load them from database that eventually you get timeout.. that's the main problem. Cubecart's support personally admitted that they never tested it with so many categories :w00t:

It's a kinda shame that cubecart can't work with 1200-1500 categories and more....