admin not working in ssl

Guest ogie56

Guest ogie56

enable ssl ,tested with store login ,cart etc. works great, but lock me out of admin. then got to use editconf.php,set no ssl and can use admin panel what's up :)

Guest ogie56

enable ssl ,tested with store login ,cart etc. works great, but lock me out of admin. then got to use editconf.php,set no ssl and can use admin panel what's up :)

try this:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....6031&hl=ssl

its easy enough to do, jus make sure u delete the file afterwards

yes i use editconf.php to get back but how do i keep this from happening after i have site in ssl mode all the time ,do i have to do that every time ?

Guest jamie750

try this:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....6031&hl=ssl

its easy enough to do, jus make sure u delete the file afterwards

yes i use editconf.php to get back but how do i keep this from happening after i have site in ssl mode all the time ,do i have to do that every time ?

ive no idea mate, im just a beginner who managed to mess up my admin the same way, there are loadsa peeps in here who will be able to tell ya tho..i need the answer to that myself and like why does it do that

• 4 weeks later...
Guest phelikz

I'm having this same problem. it is a dedicated certificate, everything works fine when the correct url is in the address bar, the problem is that it keeps knocking back to the incorrect one. specifically~

http://www.botani846.com/cube/ is the correct url

although moving around the site it keeps going from that to

http://botani846.com/cube/

which has nothing on it. so for example, if i am at the correct homepage (www.) and nothing is in the cart, i click on the test product and it switches to no www. now there are multiple items in the cart (Because i have done this several times at this point to test it). although when i hit view basket it switches back to www. and nothing is in the cart >.< so i cannot empty the basket because under the www. there is nothing in it.

/sigh

i'm sure it's just some reference somewhere that is missing the www.? i can't get into admin atm for the same reason, i'm not getting an error, just says page not found because it's looking for my admin info under http://botani846.com/cube/admin, but since the SSL is enabled it pops it over to (what it should be) https://www.botani846.com/cube/admin.

i know how to do the editconf.php, although i dont need to turn SSL off, i just need for the cart to go to the correct URL.

i hope i didnt make that too incredibly confusing...

EDIT::i changed the reference in global.inc.php to include the www. it was missing there, so now the storefront works. i'm still having the same problem with the admin page though. i can get to the admin panel from editconf.php

You should not have too great a problem here, if you have everything consistent.

SAME address for ssl cert info as store address, as shown in includes/global.inc.ph file

CERT properly installed at site

TEST by typing the secure (https) url into browser to make sure all is working correctly before changing admin settings to SSL

SAME address settings in admin SSL settings as on the actual SSL cert and in file includes/global.inc.php

Guest phelikz

nope, all of those things check out correctly and i still have a problem.

-going to the admin login page works, its secure as it should be, the url is found, says no administration session found which is correct because i havent logged in yet.

-logging in takes me to a 404.

-hit my browsers back button and to the left i can now click on admin home and go to my admin page, although at the top it says nothing at 'logged in as:'

so, in the long run i can GET to my admin panel. but not correctly. this problem didn't exist before i initialized the ssl stuff, and although i can't figure out why that would affect this, it is :P

i've looked and i can't find the correct file, where do i go to find the link for the submit button on my admin login page??

That shouldn't be hard to find, but first I have to ask, have you deleted all cookies and browser cache while dealing with this issues? It can make a huge difference, especially if you already had the paths bad and had to use the config tool to restore. Get rid of all old cookies and empty browser cache, just on the off chance that it may solve your problem.

Guest quietype

yes i have. still haven't found what i need to change yet though. while it 'shouldn't be hard' i'm still managing to miss it lol

Out of the blue, I am having the same exact issue. This is frustrating ;)

The error message I get when selecting General Settings or other menu options from admin cp is

Not Found

The requested URL /home/******/public_html/admin/settings/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I use the browser back button and the admin cp appears but without the graphics and colors...weird. If I select any of the menu options I get the "Not Found 404 " error message again.

I have a dedicated IP and the SSL cert is set up with www. the global.inc is set up with www. and the Cubecart admin cp SSL config Absolute path is www.

I have to use the editconfig.php each time.....

Please help us

yes i have. still haven't found what i need to change yet though. while it 'shouldn't be hard' i'm still managing to miss it lol

Sorry ;)

LOL

I just didn't think you were looking at the right issue, but anyway, to find that login submit button look in admin/login.php on line 245 (for 3.0.15)

Guest quietype

Did you get it resolved? I am still waiting for a detailed answer myself.

Seems as though this is a tough one to get an accurate detailed answer.

Guest phelikz

nope, not yet. working on it. although it is annoying for me, I can still get into my admin panel with a browser back button and clicking 'admin home' (this and store home are the only active links after logging in and hitting back). so while it isn't the ideal way to get into admin, I'm able to get in. I also found that if I go to my login page, click 'logout' before entering any info, it sometimes enters admin correctly. **a note on that, the 'logout' is not a matter of any kinds of saved cookie type thing, I clear everything in my cache about 250 times a day when I'm having issues like this to eliminate that as a potential problem.*

QUOTE(phelikz @ Apr 23 2007, 11:31 AM) *

Sorry blushing.gif

LOL

I just didn't think you were looking at the right issue, but anyway, to find that login submit button look in admin/login.php on line 245 (for 3.0.15)

no worries Marks, I understand many people forget the fundamentals when troubleshooting problems ;).

so I'm at the login.php looking at line 245 (correct, vers. 3.0.15 btw) which is:

<input name="login" type="submit" id="login" value="<?php echo $lang['admin']['other']['login'];?>" class="submit" />	</td>

what there might I look at to change? ...maybe the class="submit"? /Talks to herself rhetorically. no that's not it. in that php line somewhere?? I am a php niblet, learning as I go here. I feel like this problem lies in a simple incorrect link somewhere, hopefully if we can find it all of these people Ive read with this problem will be able to fix it too :errm:

Guest quietype

nope, not yet. working on it. although it is annoying for me, I can still get into my admin panel with a browser back button and clicking 'admin home' (this and store home are the only active links after logging in and hitting back). so while it isn't the ideal way to get into admin, I'm able to get in. I also found that if I go to my login page, click 'logout' before entering any info, it sometimes enters admin correctly. **a note on that, the 'logout' is not a matter of any kinds of saved cookie type thing, I clear everything in my cache about 250 times a day when I'm having issues like this to eliminate that as a potential problem.*

QUOTE(phelikz @ Apr 23 2007, 11:31 AM) *

Sorry blushing.gif

LOL

no worries Marks, I understand many people forget the fundamentals when troubleshooting problems :D.

so I'm at the login.php looking at line 245 (correct, vers. 3.0.15 btw) which is:

<input name="login" type="submit" id="login" value="<?php echo $lang['admin']['other']['login'];?>" class="submit" />	</td>

what there might I look at to change? ...maybe the class="submit"? /Talks to herself rhetorically. no that's not it. in that php line somewhere?? I am a php niblet, learning as I go here. I feel like this problem lies in a simple incorrect link somewhere, hopefully if we can find it all of these people Ive read with this problem will be able to fix it too :errm:

I am beginning to think the same thing...that it is a simple fix. I wish I knew what it was and I wish even more that cubecart geniuses would respond with the answer. I will be posting the problem to other message boards on the internet in hopes to get some techie geek with alot of free time and knowledgable answers. When I get the resolve I will post it.

There has to be an answer out there. ;)