NEED A CC EXPERT/ PLESE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!&#3

Guest tuffdude

Guest tuffdude

I don't know what to do, I have put so much time into setting up this store and now it doesn't work right. Figured I'd see if one of the code genius's here could tinker around in my store and give me any suggestions on what to check. I have only made simple changes, background colors, background images, moved the search box, and removed the search box on checkout pages. I'm using the Legend skin, and I've also lengthened the width of the page a little, and took some off the height of the header so everything would fit correctly after moving the search box.

Alot of things seem to work fine like register, log-in(except doesn't show you as logged in on homepage), my SSL, and even my smtp email. I also got an order to go through by manually putting the product # in the cart page (went through paypal and processed correctly).

Now the things that don't work, homepage doesn't show you as logged in when you are. When you add to basket shows in the homepage box, but when you click view basket there's nothing in it. Like I said on the cart page you can type in a product code and it will add it to the basket but I don't think it goes through the checkout steps correctly. I believe it said step 1, step 2, step 2, step4 in the browser window as I went through the checkout. This is critical to me , because I would not buy from a store that the cart wasn't working properly. Can anyone help?

I am using Bluehost as my host, they also helped me with getting the SSL working. here is a link:

http://www.nutritionslam.com/

Guest tuffdude

Wow this is weird, cleared all my private data on my browsers, emptied my caches, and deleted cookies now my store seems to be working right. I would still feel alot better if a couple people would check it out to make sure it's working all around. This would be very much appreciated. Just add a few things to basket, go to view basket and make sure they're in there, then empty basket. Let me know if it's working for you? Thank You!!!!!!!! Also any other input would be nice, remember I'm a newb to all this code stuff but don't feel like I did to bad??

:errm:

Your store seems to be working correctly. I would lighten things up a bit. I have a hard time reading your store's name in the header and your site docs are dark blue so as far as I am concerned they don't exist. I would also work on the content of your About Us page. Make it more personal. Otherwise good job.

Guest tuffdude

Hey Roban, thanks for the input. I'm really glad it's working I was devastated when I first tried my test runs and it was screwed. Like I said though deleted all the cookies and now it's fine. :errm:

I felt the same way about the header, although my wife really likes that one, gonna photoshop me a new one today. Knew about the the site docs. too, where do I edit that? Should be two colors, correct?

I've also searched the forum several times and can't seem to find a laid out way on how to put my SSL site seal on. When I was on godaddy they provided a little snippet to link to your seal so that people could view it. But now that I've switched to bluehost and purchased one of their SSL have no idea how to do it. I believe they use a 3rd party for their seals, and when you ask them for the site seal they direct you to a page that has 2 pictures of seals you can copy???? If I just put a copy of a picture on my site it won't show my cert. when customers click on it?

For your Site Doc text look in style.css:

.txtSiteDocs, a.txtSiteDocs {

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 70%;

color: #0B4492;

text-decoration:none;

}

a.txtSiteDocs:hover {

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 70%;

color: #000000;

text-decoration:none;

As for your seal you might consider a side box by adding the following code to index.tpl where you'd like it to appear:

<div class="boxTitleRight">Your head-line</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

Use the code you wish to add for your seal

<border="0" >

</div>

<div class="boxFootRight"> </div>

Guest tuffdude

Hey roban thanks again! I was messing around earlier and found where to change the sitedoc text(exactly where u have it too). Tweaked my header also. Think I'm going to contact bluehost and see how I can put my whole store under SSL, to fix the problem with the warning that pops up in IE after log-in. There's a post about this on here somewhere, but it wasn't really detailed on how to do it. I'll use your suggestion about the box when I get ready to put my seal on. Thanks again! :errm:

Guest tuffdude

Hey Roban do you know how I'd put my whole store to SSL. I'm on bluehost and all my files are in public_html. I'd really like to know how to do this one. Probably be a good idea to turn off SSL in my admin, and leave it off if I did this so it doesn't loop, correct?

:errm: