Moving cubecart to a new site

Guest ksc

Hi

I have a cubecart shop on a site which is working fine.

I want to have a copy of the shop on another site which I want use as a 'Trade' site with a different company name & prices etc.

I looked at the article 'How can I move cubecart 3 to a new hosting company or server ?'

I copied all of the files/ folders to the new site.

I backed up the database, created a new database on my new site and even eventually managed to upload the data into the new database.

I modified the includes/global.inc.php file with the new info as the article says.

However, when I go to my new site I get the errors:

Warning: main(includes/ini.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/Shop/index.php on line 30

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/ini.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/Shop/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(includes/global.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/Shop/index.php on line 35

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/global.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/Shop/index.php on line 35

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/Shop/index.php:30) in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/Shop/index.php on line 40

(I have replaced the folder name with XXXXXXX for anonominity).

Has anyone done this before & come across a similar problem. I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

Will it will work if I install cubecart on the new site first & then import my database into it & then copy the files across ?

Regards

KSC.

Guest Cellular Amps LLC

I just copied my site for one host to another...

Backed up the database, then did a fresh install of cubecart on new site. Loaded all my pics and then imported my database. Got one error during the import, but it IIRC it has something to do with the item number or something... but it caused no issues, site is 90% done again, just have to load new SSL and I should be back up and running.

Thanks for the reply.

From your reply I assume that I do a new installation & then copying the images.

followed by import the db tables. I will try it that way & see what happens.

Thanks.

KSC. :

Guest Cellular Amps LLC

Of course just so you know if you do it the way I suggested any mods will have to be redone... I just made sure I copied all the files that had mods done to them and replaced the old ones.

Does your new site already have a current domain name pointing to it? If not, then your url will temporarily be something like

http://ipnumber/~username/shop until the dns is propagated. The rootRel also may need your host account username too /~username/shop/. My new host also added the /var in the rootDir. Ask your host provider what it should be if you are not sure.

my old globals looked like this:

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/username/public_html/shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.mysite.com/shop';

my temporary one looked like this:

$glob['rootDir'] = '/var/home/username/public_html/shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/~username/shop/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://ipnumber/~username/shop';

after dns propagated:

$glob['rootDir'] = '/var/home/username/public_html/shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.mysite.com/shop';