Free Affiliates Software

Guest realwarrior

Guest realwarrior

Does anyone know about free affiliates software with unlimited affiliates and with e-gold payment processor intergrated? Of course it must be compatible with Cubecart.

Thanks for help.

Guest realwarrior

Does anyone know about free affiliates software with unlimited affiliates and with e-gold payment processor intergrated? Of course it must be compatible with Cubecart.

Thanks for help.

Can someone help?

The makers of Post Affiliate Pro (The software I use) have a free version available, with more limited features, but it should be enough to get you going.

http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliate/

I've submitted an integration module for PAP to the cubecart.org directory, so you can find it there.

And since CC handles all the payment processing, any affiliate software will be compatible with any payment gateway supported by CC.

Guest realwarrior

The makers of Post Affiliate Pro (The software I use) have a free version available, with more limited features, but it should be enough to get you going.

http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliate/

I've submitted an integration module for PAP to the cubecart.org directory, so you can find it there.

And since CC handles all the payment processing, any affiliate software will be compatible with any payment gateway supported by CC.

Thank you! I uploaded and installed the files.

But I still cant get it work even I follow the correct instruction...am I missing anything?

I still cant get where to place <?PHP include "affiliate.php"; ?> ? I tried to placed it on my main index.php, but it came out error!

And I am not sure where is the confirmation page to place the <?PHP include "check1.php"; ?>

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):cry::cry:

The instruction:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- download and unzip the scripts

- create MySQL database and it's contents.

Assuming you have phpMyAdmin installed:

- Copy the contents of database.sql

- Paste it into the text box on phpMyAdmin underneath "Run SQL query/queries on database affiliates:"

- Press 'Go' and the tables will be created for you.

- Change password of admin;

-- type the following into the same box: ('newpassword' should be your new admin password

UPDATE admin set pass = 'newpassword' where user = 'admin';

- Press 'Go' again and the password will update

- open the 'affconfig.php' file in your favourite text editor

- For $domain, replace "www.domain.com" with the web address to your site.

eg. We would put "www.organicphp.com", you could be "example.domain.com"

or "www.domain.com/~you". Do not end with a forward slash (/) or start with

"http://"

- For $server, replace "localhost" with the address to your MySQL server.

It is nearly always "localhost", although check with your host if unsure.

- For $db_user, replace "username" with the username you have made or have been

given for your MySQL database.

- For $db_pass, replace "password" with the password you need to access your MySQL

database. Make sure you give the username a password, or anyone can enter and

change your database.

- For $database, replace "affiliates" with the name of your MySQL database, this

could be anything, it's up to you (or your host!)

- For $currency, replace "UK Pounds" with the currency that you will be paying your

affiliates in. e.g. US sites may enter "US Dollars".

- For $emailinfo, replace with your email address.

- $yoursitename is simply your site name

- $lang is 'eng.php' - there will be support for multiple languages later

- Save these changes and exit the file

- Next open the file 'check1.php' in your favourite text editor

- For $payment, replace "5.00" in variable $payment with the amount you would like to pay

your affiliates for every successful sale that they have sent you.

If you would like to pay different amounts for different products, duplicate the

'check1.php' file making files 'check2.php', 'check3.php' etc. and enter the

different payment amounts in each.

- !!!SECURITY WARNING!!! for security reasons, you should rename files check1.php, check2.php

etc. into meaningless random generated names (for example v1df23gfd3.php). It will protect you

from too smart affiliates that would like to add more sales than they originally make.

If your affiliates know that you are using POST Affiliate, or PHP Affiliate!, they can guess

you are using files check1.php, etc. from standard installation, and invoke

script check1.php manually. The script will add non existing sales to the database.

That's why you should rename those files (only check1, check2, ...) into hard-to-guess meaningless names.

- Open your main page (most probably 'index.php') in your favourite text editor

- main page must be PHP script

- Enter the following code above the <html> tag and any other code:

<?PHP include "affiliate.php"; ?>

- Save the changes and exit the file

- Upload all of the files in their present directory structure to your hosting account,

using your preferred FTP program. The files and folders must be uploaded into the

Document Root where your HTML files are.

- To reward your affiliates you need to add the following line to the top of your order confirmation page:

<?PHP include "check1.php"; ?>

!!!SECURITY WARNING!!! as mentioned before you should rename file check1.php into meaningless name, lets

say 'hfgjsdgfjhsdg.php'. Then you should add line <?PHP include "hfgjsdgfjhsdg.php"; ?> not

Dont copy this example of meaningless name. Make your own!!!

By adding this code to the page after an order has been submitted, you prevent affiliates

from being awarded from people just going to the order page.

Remember that you will need seperate order forms or confirmation pages if you want to

award affiliates with different amounts.

- If you wish to customise the look of POST Affiliate, replace the HTML in the files

header.php and footer.php from the 'user' directory, in your favourite text editor.

- Installation is now complete!

I've never used the free version of Post Affiliate, so this is new to me as well.

It appears that the instructions are asking you to add the " <?PHP include "affiliate.php"; ?>" line to the main index.php file. As long as it's before the section that builds the template (and includes the path to the actual affiliate.php file), this should work. What error message did you get?

The order confirmation page (PHP file) can be found at

/includes/orderSuccess.inc.php

From what I see here, the free version doesn't work anything like the paid version, and the integration module I created for the paid version probably wont work with the free version. I didn't know that they were so different from each other.

To be completely honest, if you think you really want to build an affiliate program and have other website owners promote your site, I recommend you purchase the paid version and use that. You'll get so many more options to work with, and the investment is small compared with what it can add to your bottom line.

Guest realwarrior

I've never used the free version of Post Affiliate, so this is new to me as well.

It appears that the instructions are asking you to add the " <?PHP include "affiliate.php"; ?>" line to the main index.php file. As long as it's before the section that builds the template (and includes the path to the actual affiliate.php file), this should work. What error message did you get?

From what I see here, the free version doesn't work anything like the paid version, and the integration module I created for the paid version probably wont work with the free version. I didn't know that they were so different from each other.

To be completely honest, if you think you really want to build an affiliate program and have other website owners promote your site, I recommend you purchase the paid version and use that. You'll get so many more options to work with, and the investment is small compared with what it can add to your bottom line.

Thanks Alan, I will try to get a paid vers. But it's somehow less confident if free vers not working at all!

Guest realwarrior

Since I havent hear from PAP support, I am wonder may be I try out the free version....

Instruction:

I added this <?PHP include "affiliate.php"; ?> to my index.php...

Here the error message

Error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/qmoney/public_html/affiliate.php:28) in /home/qmoney/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

• 1 month later...
Guest Fiction on Demand

Since I havent hear from PAP support, I am wonder may be I try out the free version....

Instruction:

I added this <?PHP include "affiliate.php"; ?> to my index.php...

Here the error message

Error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/qmoney/public_html/affiliate.php:28) in /home/qmoney/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

If you are pasting in the cubecart index.php then DON'T!

See next post.

Guest Fiction on Demand

OK, I've found that trying to put this in the cubecart index.php file is just a bad idea. I've moved it to my main index.html page.

Guest Fiction on Demand

The only thing I'm having problems with now is the confirmation page. Making changes to ordersuccess.inc.php is also creating conflicts. From the readme:

- To reward your affiliates you need to add the following line to the top of your order confirmation page:

Doing this causes the page to try to find Cubecart tables in the Affiliate DB. Help?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest e-Stonia.co.uk

What is cut off from free version? I mean my customer is selling digital products and what he will win if I to pay $99? :)

The free version is a very old version that has limited options. It also won't work with the integration module for CubeCart. The only commission option is a fixed amount per sale, not even a percentage!

The new verson of PAP has so many different options, it's unbelievable!

Percentage commissions, per click commissions, per banner impression commissions, up to 10 tiers, VIP affiliate levels, performance rewards, matrix affiliate program support (don't really know what that is, but I haven't seen anything else like it in PAP's competition), and a lot more.

The most valuable thing for me is the flash charts that show the performance of each affiliate account and the group as a whole.

The paid version also allows you to process refunds and chargebacks to de-credit an affiliate's account.