How do I change the "Free For Orders Over ..." Message?

Guest nathan_jan

Guest nathan_jan

At present, the "Shipping Method: Free for Orders Over ..." message appears in the confirmation emails/receipts of every order - whether they qualified for free shipping or not. I want to change it to something that also makes sense when people order less than the free shipping limit. Can't find reference to this in the language file. Wondering how I go about doing this? Would be extremely grateful for any help.

Guest woodstuck

It's there in the lang.inc.php file, near the bottom, a few lines after the comment "START : Added in 3.0.3" in the $lang['misc'] section.

• 1 month later...
Guest maksum

I had this same issue. Currently my shipping is flat rate of $4.95 unless it's over $75, in which case shipping is free. Works great throughout the checkout process, but just as the original poster indicated, the email says:

Shipping Method: Free for Orders Over 75

Makes no sense really. It should say "Flat Rate" or "Flat Rate of $4.95" if that's what it ended up being. I'm ALL ABOUT quick and dirty hacks (do them all the time), but I just can't think of a way to do this in the language/en/lang.inc file and have it make sense. Here's the line as it stands:

'freeForOrdOver' => "Free for Orders Over",

So no matter what I put there it's still going to tag "75" on the end of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions that may go just a bit deeper and produce a slightly better solution? I would very much appreciate it. If not, I suppose I'll do something like change that line to "$4.95 or Free for orders over" ... and then the 75 will appear. Would be sweet to make it toggle depending on which was actually used though.