Google Checkout - And New CC Version..

Noodleman

As you are all probably aware, google checkout system is now available to the UK.

This is great, as its reasonably cheap, and if you use google adwords, you also do not get charged fees (there are restrictons etc) until the end of the year.

I for one am very VERY keen to start using this service as its ideal for what i do with my stores, and would save me some cash too.

I have read in a previous post tho that this checkout system will not be supported by CC until version 3.1 (not sure if this is accurate) which poses me a problem, as i cant seem to find a timescale for the release of 3.1

So, will there be support for this soon, or will I be missing out on a huge saving in fees?

Im still reading the fine points of googles system, so i may have overlooked stuff at the moment.

My understanding is no fees until 2008 and then you get sales of 10 times your spend on AdWords free of transactions, thereafter £0.15 plus 1.5% per transaction - a lot cheaper than PayPal.

The response I got from Al was that they ahve done the goggle checkout intergration for the next major release... Then I ask if the modual would be made available for the current realease and the answer was no due to compatability issues.

With ref to the release of the next version apparently they have a new developer on board and progress is moving fast, but they can't provide a release date.

Adam

thats an issue for me, not knowing a release date..

not even an estimate. days/weeks/months or next year? its a bit poo :)

If its weeks, ok i can wait. but I can possibly justify the cost of moving to another store becuase of the savings. (gotta do the math) its a lot of hassel, but cash saved is cash saved.

will 3.1 be out so people can take advantage of this checkout offer? thats the question

not even an estimate. days/weeks/months or next year? its a bit poo :)

If its weeks, ok i can wait. but I can possibly justify the cost of moving to another store becuase of the savings. (gotta do the math) its a lot of hassel, but cash saved is cash saved.

will 3.1 be out so people can take advantage of this checkout offer? thats the question

...there is a mod for Google Checkout. Search .org for google

Jason

not even an estimate. days/weeks/months or next year? its a bit poo :(

...there is a mod for Google Checkout. Search .org for google

Jason

Doesnt appear to support the UK stuff yet. well at least thats what i read from the topic :/