Free to use ?

Guest raysss

Guest raysss

hi,im thinking of using the cubecart free version.

i got little confuse about the term and agreement

here is my question

1. Is that fully functional script without error ? ( i just need simple online shopping cart)

2. can i modified the skin colour ,background and button if i use the free version ?

3. the word "Powered by cubecart", i need to remain it on the footer of my website right ?

Just wondered, whether this is free for students to use on their projects? coz normally oscommerce site is free it has the gnu open source licence free for all to modify and use it. what about cubecart? regards!

No problemo!

Just wondered, whether this is free for students to use on their projects? coz normally oscommerce site is free it has the gnu open source licence free for all to modify and use it. what about cubecart? regards!

No problemo!

thanks but what if any student wants to use this shopping in his/her project what s/he needs to do? need to inform or buy this software coz it comes with copyright thing u know still i couldnt figure it out how to use . regards!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest raysss

i have another question ..

may i use cube cart for commercial purpose or make profits with selling my product?

i plan to use the free version.

Guest Brivtech

LOL! After all, that's what eCommerce software is for!

So, in summary (I'm sure there are a couple of posts that cover all of this already), here's the 10 CubeCart license and useage commandments!

1. CubeCart is completely free to use.

2. You can use it to sell anything you like (Subject to your own moral judgement, and country laws of course :errm: )

3. You can customise it as much as you like!

4. You can change all the wording and translate things if you wish to do so.

5. You can remove all the logos, but you must retain the copyright.

6. If you decide you don't want to show the copyright any longer, you can then purchase a license. The money goes to Al, the main owner and developer of CubeCart, where he spends it on beer. Legend has it that this makes him work faster and better! ;) The license also provides a limited period of proper technical support, which is money well spent if you're not an expert, and are facing difficulties. Technical support extensions can be bought if required.

7. You cannot rebrand CubeCart as your own system! You are, however able to provide CubeCart to your customers as part of a branded system, so long as you acknowledge the CubeCart part when doing so.

8. You're not allowed to provide CubeCart for download - It must be downloaded from this website only. There is no limit to the number of times you can download it. There is no need to download it every time you need to make a new installation of it, although, always check you are using the latest version for security and reliability reasons.

For further information, do a forum search for the word License, and it'll pull up some other topics that cover all of this already.

9. CubeCart is not open-source, however, the copyright owner has given free reign to customise and change the code as you wish, so long as any restrictions above are met.

10. There is probably something I've forgotten!