What Do You Think?

Guest cheekypop

Guest cheekypop

Finally I have a store that works and can sell the t-shirts that have been laying idle in my room for the past few months...

Please let me know why you wouldn't buy a shirt from my store... (apart from the reason that your not a kid and they wouldn't fit...)

Looking fowards to some valued opinions.

Dave

I am not a fan of portal pages especially ones I have to scroll.. I think you would be better served to go directly to the store. Your background is too busy for me and doesn't really 'fit' the Killer skin graphics IMO.

Guest itrends

Firstly... lose the entry page. Get them straight into the store.

2nd, the background makes things quite confusing, try losing it / replacing it with a solid colour (not grey)

This:

http://cheekypop.com.au/store/images/uploa...me_homepage.gif

is quite hard to read and could do with sharpening of the text in the circles.

The top menu text should be black or a dark colour, not white, as it is hard to read and it is not clear that you are to click on those to find products.

Put some latest products at the bottom or right of the homepage to get people straight in.

As it currently stands I would click straight away from the site as it is not clear where you look for anything etc.

Hope that helps.

Also, can you give some feedback on my new store if you get time in return?:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=26902

Guest cheekypop

Thanks for your comments.

I would like to get rid of the entry page but I don't know how to index my site so that the store comes up...

I also don't know how to change the text colour or size of the catagories tabs...

Can anyone point me in the right direction to do these things???

The category tabs are images and to change them you have to open them in an image editor. They are located in Killer/styleImages/backgrounds.

The text is controlled from skins/Killer/styleSheets/style.css and the code for this is:

.txtCat {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

font-weight: bold;

color: #FFFFFF;

text-decoration: none;

As to making the store your main page, please post the contents of your includes/global.inc file. You can move the contents of your shop folder to the root directory.

Guest cheekypop

Roban I need your help!!!

I had a look at the global.php file and I played with the root directory part and screwed things up...

When i tried to replace the screwed up global.php with a copy i had saved earlier it was still screwed up!!! i don't understand why the original working copy of global.php didn't fix my problem??? This is what the file looks like:

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = '';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = '';

?>

Can you help me???