Can Cube Cart connect to Quick Books?

Guest Jeremiah Metzgar

The question is not whether CC can send to QB, but what QB requires. There is already at least one mod out to export orders from CubeCart into a text/csv file. What we need to know though is what QB expects to be in that file in order to import it. :)

:w00t:

Guest Jeremiah Metzgar

Thanks! But now I have another question... Does Cube Cart have the ability to use Customer Relationship Management to track customer's information?

You mean QBs Customer Manager? I use it but I manually enter sales in QB, sync the contacts to QBCM and then manually add in orders as projects and items as "to do" so I can track ordering from my vendors. Takes time, but since I type fast, it's not that bad. Always looking to streamline things though.

The question is not whether CC can send to QB, but what QB requires. There is already at least one mod out to export orders from CubeCart into a text/csv file. What we need to know though is what QB expects to be in that file in order to import it. :D

<_<

Quickbooks does allow import of excel files (basically csv) but not sure what they really require. They really don't say. If you are interested in developing this mod, send me a pm and let me know what info you need and perhaps we can figure it out :) Would be VERY helpful mod.

Guest annamarie

ok, folks, here's some info I found about importing a CSV file (which a CC mod provides) to QuickBooks:

1. Big Red Consulting has a $59 Excel Import to QB via IIF <LINK REMOVED DUE TO FORUM ADVERTISING RULES>

2. JTA Consulting has a "Shopping Cart Assistant" app for $297 to import Excel CSV into QB direct <LINK REMOVED DUE TO FORUM ADVERTISING RULES>

3. AaaTex Inc also offers a "Shopping Cart Integrator" (same as JTA) for around the same price <LINK REMOVED DUE TO FORUM ADVERTISING RULES>

(The difference between # 1 and the other two is that it looks like IIF is an older technology and may or may not be supported in future QB versions). Thus the lower price.

Here are few useful links for further research if there's a CC developer out there who's interested in taking this on:

Import (and Export) Your QuickBooks Data

<LINK REMOVED DUE TO FORUM ADVERTISING RULES>

This lists some of the required field headers needed for QB import and says that the entire list of required headers are available in QB Help under "Reference Guide to Import Files." I don't own QB, but if someone does and wants to provide that to an interested developer, it would be great.

This next link is a list of tips from QB consultants about importing to QB. It lists the Big Red tool I mentioned above as well as a couple other apps (which may be more expensive..not sure):

<LINK REMOVED DUE TO FORUM ADVERTISING RULES>Import/Export Tips, Tricks, and Must-Have Applications

Then, if you are really hard-core, check out what an Intuit Developer has to say about importing to QB:

<LINK REMOVED DUE TO FORUM ADVERTISING RULES>

Hope this helps someone. I'm talking with a client that asked about this, so that's why I did this research this morning... :errm:

Anna Marie

• 2 weeks later...

Yup - even when you type 220 wpm like I do, it takes time :(

But I have to wonder if importing would be any easier - or would you end up with errors that would take longer to go back and correct? Since I add products to QB only when I get orders for them, how would it import product codes? I'd probably have to go back and manually correct them anyway, so is it really worth it?

Truthfully, just importing my customer information would be enough - and that shouldn't be toooo hard???

Guest aboveboard

Personally, I'd be willing to pay Devillon a yearly fee to use a quickbooks csv export module!

If Quickbooks charges for each add-on why can't Devillon?

There are ways to write SQL queries against your database - but you would need to dig fairly deep into the php code and the database to find all you needed. Personally I'm not one of those programmers, but a friend of mine is (and he didn't want to take it on).

I did pay for the cart - not to just remove the copyright, but because your product is the very best and easiest to use cart I've run across so far!

No if i could just figure out the best way to "bill when shipped" with my credit card processor I'd be in bliss!

Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to using coupons in the new 3.1 version!

Martha

www.headboardsandmore.com

Guest aboveboard

Wow -

After doing some looking around the Drupal project folks are working on live qbXML (quickbooks xml) integration into their software.. link is http://groups.drupal.org/node/1935

Also lots of quickbooks qbXML info links (stolen from an open source cart site - name not mentioned to protect CC users everywhere)

QuickBooks XML programmers reference - schema with possible responses

http://developer.intuit.com/qbsdk-current/...les/readme.html

Web Connector programming guide

http://developer.intuit.com/qbSDK-current/.../index-QBD.html

Web Connector Updates

http://developer.intuit.com/qbSDK-current/...=QBSDKProGuide2

Article on the QB Web connector

http://developer.intuit.com/Technical_Reso...phaGeek/?id=392

QB Web Connector support forum at

http://idnforums.intuit.com/categories.aspx?catid=56

Register for being a QB developer at

http://developer.intuit.com/

Code samples at

http://developer.intuit.com/qbsdk-current/...les/readme.html

Maybe someone will take this project on for CC! I certainly am not a programmer...

- Martha

Personally, I'd be willing to pay Devillon a yearly fee to use a quickbooks csv export module!

If Quickbooks charges for each add-on why can't Devillon?

There are ways to write SQL queries against your database - but you would need to dig fairly deep into the php code and the database to find all you needed. Personally I'm not one of those programmers, but a friend of mine is (and he didn't want to take it on).

I did pay for the cart - not to just remove the copyright, but because your product is the very best and easiest to use cart I've run across so far!

No if i could just figure out the best way to "bill when shipped" with my credit card processor I'd be in bliss!

Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to using coupons in the new 3.1 version!

Martha

I'd be willing to tackle this, but will wait until V4 is out to release most likely. I want to decide if it's worth doing a version for V3 if it'll be drastically different from V4.

Also, give me an idea of what a QB integration module would do? CC to QB only? Just sales & customers? Let me know.

:)

Yes, only CC to QB would be needed - there is no data in QB that would have to store in CC.

To me, just transferring customer info from CC to QB would be a HUGE help. Not sure if you could transfer the details of the order as well as the product ID would have to match EXACTLY the product id in QB and would have to already be in QB in order for it to import it (I think). But if it transferred say customer data, billing/shipping addresses, and order number, entering in the products manually would be the easy part. Might make it an option for those who do put all their inventory in QB and use the same product IDs.

If you need help with this, let me know. I've been using QB for around 20 years (though never updated past QB 2005 since they haven't added anything I need since then).

Mysty, I've spent the past 3 hours reading up on Quick Books Web Connector. It's not an easy thing to wrap one's brain cells around. But I'm not giving up on it just yet. Drop me an e-mail and we'll see what can be arranged.

:P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mdcarlson

I turned up a CC addon module from Daimon Soft for integration with Innovative Merchant Services which is Intuit's payment gateway for QuickBooks.

Not sure if it does anything besides accept payments, but appears to be worth a look.

Has anyone worked with this module?

Mark

• 1 month later...
Guest acschnabel

I'd be interested in knowing as well if anyone has used this module for QB.

I've been messing with CC for the past couple of days and a QB payment gateway is all I haven't been able to find so far.

Guest LimeTradeSoftware

Hi, I have done a lot of QB imports some time ago with invoicing software, I know this was in the IIF format and things have changed since then, but I am sure it is not as difficult as it first looks.

The main hassle for a developer is getting the 5 or so different QB programs all running and then try all the currency and tax combinations. Either that or work with people using QB around the world for feedback etc.

The last time I did QB export/import the entire invoice was created automatically, including all the line item sales etc.

I am pretty sure the item codes in the invoice had to match an inventory item in QB but I think (not sure) that the description for the item could vary by supplying the description in the CSV.

Using this you could use a quick and dirty method of setting an an item in QB with the code 'CC-SALE' and then exporting all the items with this code but vary the item description.

The way I did it last time was to set up matching codes in the sales software as were set up in QB, but this requires cross checking and double-entry each time a new product is added.

There is a way to export/import items into QB as well so you could generate an item import for QB with every invoice import but now its getting messy.

I will be working on this export soon and would like to get ideas about changes in recent QB versions. I will dig out the old code which worked perfectly about 8 years ago. (hopefully they have switched to XML as an import option)

I also understand there was a way to directly connect to the QB application and feed in the data, I assume that is still working but I am not sure how relevant it is. Also it is far more difficult to develop a solution as the develeoper cannot just send CSVs around for testing.

I have been using QB for 10 years but also have not updated it for 3 years (I have a "Its not broke so don't fix it" attitude which is not common for a software developer!)

Regards

Scott

LimeTrade

The method now is indeed XML, but it's not as you would imagine. There is no way to initiate the data transfer from the outside....ie, the web server. The only way it works is for the QB install to periodically ask the web server if there are any new sales, etc that need to be dealt with. If so, they are transmitted appropriately and you go from there. In reading up on it, there a lot of little tricky things that must be exactly right......

...doable? Yes. Easy? Not even close.

;)

• 2 months later...

Use shopping cart assistant. You configure it to pull data directly from order confirmations in your inbox in outlook. It will then send that data to quickbooks, ups worldship, dhl quickship, usps, and quickbooks point of sale. I've used it for years and its a total goldmine. You can find it in the intuit marketplace site. Its funny that people use excel to move quickbooks data!!

Guest LimeTradeSoftware

I have posted message regarding quickbooks in another section, see the link below.

A lot of people use quickbooks (and other such packages) and their entire business accounting relies on it when they do taxes etc, but its unlikely that each sale and customer from an online store needs to be entered in quickbooks, its a waste of time for small business.

See what I mean in the other post.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....st&p=140093

Regards

Scott

LimeTrade Software