Something is wrong

Guest quantex

Guest quantex

Hi all looking for some advice here as I'm puzzled a bit by the lack of sales I have generated from a recent google adwords campaign and wondered if you could cast your eyes over this and see if you spot anything I have missed.

Here's the background.

The last website I owned sold very similar products to this one, in fact the new product I was promoting is far superior to the one I had before.

So I put a similar campaign together via google adwords and with exactly the same keywords etc thought I should at least get some sales. But with 102 click throughs over a couple of days, no sales, no new customers and no calls for advice etc. This is worrying as it cost me £49 (o.49p per click)

The previous site I had was oscommerce and I could see in real time what customers were doing, were they getting to the checkout and not completing or were they just not buying. For 102 clicks on that website I would have easily sold 10 products (1 in 10)

The layout of the product is pretty much the same, the only difference is that I have only just got the ssl working, but using nochex this shouldn't have been an issue as it's secure when ordered etc. I think it might be the long process of checkout and will more than likely have to install the express mod.

It's getting to the point though where I am looking at other options like cs cart that comes with a lot of the mods etc at a cost of £90

Here's the direct link to the product page any advice or views would be greatly received.

<Link deleted!>

As this is the show off section of the forum then i will add my comment on this.

Not much of designing am afraid, have a look for some free and/or paid skins :(

Guest lordbarron

i would have to say adwords and any product like that is waaay over hyped, i have adwords (waiting for the right time to use them) but 1 in 10 thats optimistic. I base my advertising on a flat rate similar to mail shots of 1% return. I must admit oscommerce (although my site sucked) somehow drew in droves of visitors without adwords (1100 in 2 weeks, without any extra SEO or promotion) and the site wasn't even complete. I'm not sure what done that extactly but it seemed to work. As yet I havn't populated my cubecart store so it wud be unfair to make a complete judgement yet. using adwords is only going to get u so far, i never ever click on adwords myself i always opt for organic search results even if i have to go 5-10 pages down. usually by the 5th page i will refine my search though. 49p per click is alot considering theres no gaurantee of sale, yahoo do offer a similar deal for 25p but obviously only half as effective.

Guest quantex

Thanks for the replies,

The thing is I'm not guessing at addwords I know from my last website that it worked very well, in 10 months I spent just over £8k on addwords but that pulled in over £200k in sales (turnover) and as some of the products were of a high markup it did pay for itself very well. Nothing has changed, in fact in many ways it should be better, better product, keyword hits are increasing etc. The thing is with addwords it pushes you up the standard ratings too.

So lets first take the above reply concerning the look and feel. Last time I used oscommerce and although the site looked fairly good I didn't use any template mods, it was a standard install and I revamped it a bit.

But the checkout was fast and the site was easy to navigate etc.

Yes I have gone over to cscart for this site although I am running another project on cubecart and will compare the two. What convinced me about cscart was this. Firstly although it cost me £90 it is good value for money considering all the mods you get as standard, I can't think of anything else I need right now. Secondly it has those templates as standard, a good choice of at least 8 oor so, the one I have on there comes with the package. Lastly paypal pro was fairly easy to setup and the checkout it quite quick (although still not as quick as it could be, think they are working on that for the vers)

I will be putting my addwords adds up again soon and will let you know the comparisons. Don't get me wrong I still like cubecart, as a free package it's good, just needed a little extra I suppose.

Paul