Can only make one order - old removed and replaced

Ive come across a problem with one of my stores.

If a customer places an order it works fine.

If they return to the store to place a second order. they are assigned the original order number from their first order. The first order is removed from the system and replaced with the new order.

I can see its deleting it because of the code in gateway.inc.php because of this statement.

// build order number

if(!isset($basket['cart_order_id']) || (isset($basket['cart_order_id']) && empty($basket['cart_order_id']))){

It is escaping to the else statement, which deletes etc.

I presume its not happy with the empty statement,

anybody got any theorys?

I am having this same problem. It's erased many orders this month. It's driving me and my customers nuts since I have a lot of repeat customers.

Terri

Guest Brivtech

I just wish there could be a configurable option to have consecutive order nubbers. This system plays havoc when trying to transfer the orders into an accounts package, and having to keep a separate order reference list.

• 1 month later...
Guest AnnPFJ

If they return to the store to place a second order. they are assigned the original order number from their first order. The first order is removed from the system and replaced with the new order.

The same thing is happening to me. Glad I caught that and went searching before I started putting a lot more work into my site; I've already invested about a week into it but now I might wind up switching to something else. Replacing orders is a pretty major bug that can obviously have a significant negative impact. I've already had to search for the solution to the UPS bug that was introduced in the latest update. :P

No offense to Noodleman but has anyone figured out a better way to keep orders from being replaced, or should I just install something else before I spend more time on CubeCart? I really do like CubeCart otherwise :D

Edit: Never mind, I now have CRE Loaded working. If only it was as easy to use as CubeCart... Oh well.