Prices just dont add up! - but not on every order - HELP!

Guest webicon

Guest webicon

Ok yesterday I had two orders that just didn't add up - literally the 'Total' price was below the sum of its parts...

but only happened on two orders (out of approx 75 orders yesterday) the rest of the orders are fine.

Now the first order was: (16.25 GMT)

1 x item a @ £2.50,

1 x item b @£1.80

Total= £1.80

Second order was: (20.38 GMT)

1 x item c @1.80,

1 x item c @£1.80,

1 x item d @£1.80,

1 x item e @£19

Total= £20.80

I have replicated adding these orders to basket and in my test transactions both correctly go to cart and proceed through paypal at the correct prices so I am at a loss as to why I should have these orders that simply dont add up.

Both are from the 30th April - but at different times.

I can see no connection (by name, adress, IP address, email etc) between the two orders.

The items ordered are totally different items (i.e items ordered in order 1 and 2 are different physical items)

The second order is more suspect because two of the purchased items are in fact the same item but appearing as two seperate line items.

i.e in my cart if I add two flowers it shows as '2 x white flower'

however on this (second) order shows as 1 x white flower on one order line and 1 x white flower on another order line which I find impossible to replicate!

Mods I have installed:

- Coupon Manager - Goober (Enabled)

- Visual Product Options- Custom mod by Estelle (Enabled)

- Stock Levels for Product Options - Estelle (Enabled)

- Gift Card - Goober (not enabled)

Now I have checked that this is not a discount that has just not shown up or gone wrong - and it doesnt appear to be as i have other customers using successfully...

I thought it might be a well adept coder trying to get a sly discount - but then common sense set in - who would go to such lengths to save 2-3 pounds?

This was only spotted due to my eagle-eyed packer - I'm not sure if any more have slipped through unnoticed...I just know that it ISNT happening on every order!

I need to work this out as I get a few hundred orders a week - It might only be 4 or 5 pounds missed on these two orders but that soon adds up on volume and my margins are very small anyway...

Any ideas on what this might be much appreciated!

Guest valencia

Possibly a bug in my humble estimation. I have that issue cropping up every now and then...

You will get a duplicate product order on two lines showing up in the order email and in admin, but the total reads for less than the toal sum of the goods. I have learnt to check carefully before I ship out.... :D

At another time, a customer ordered X items, deleted some and paid for the remainder of her items. Order in admin still showed all products (even the delted ones from the customer cart), even tho the total and paypal payment was for less than the admin order read. :)

It can be a bummer but as with anything there exists some bugs...since I run quite afew mods, I do not really know if one or a combination could be a problem, but it would be interesting to know if someone with an unmodded cart ( as if that exists!) has a similar issue

Guest webicon

Thanks for feedback.

It does seem that this is a known bug - Estelle Winterflood (over at cubecart.org) posted me a mod/fix aptly called 'Occasionally orders are received with an incorrect subtotal'.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for feedback.

It does seem that this is a known bug - Estelle Winterflood (over at cubecart.org) posted me a mod/fix aptly called 'Occasionally orders are received with an incorrect subtotal'.

I now have this issue with CC3. Can you tell me where this mod is? I searched all over cubecart.org and can't seem to find it. I also checked Estelle's site and it doesn't appear to be there either.

Thanks.

Guest estelle

EDIT in includes/content/cart.inc.php (make a backup copy of the file first!)

FIND this line:

} elseif(isset($_POST['quan'])){

INSERT this line immediately BELOW it:

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("invArray");

If you have CubeCart 3.0.16 or later, this fix has already been added into the core code.