Currency symbol problem after enabling SSL

Ausy

Hi Guys, today I managed to configure SSL for my store. After I enabled it my currency symbols have gone very strange. I did run into a similar problem before when I changed host. There was a small square in front of the amount but I changed it easily in the Admin, currency section. This time after enabling of SSL it had the little squares again, I changed them through Admin but now they are even worse with a A thing in front of my £ sign. It apears to be fine when in the basket and at checkout.

Any ideas whats wrong and where I can look?

url is www.acemodel.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Guest peanutp

Hi Guys, today I managed to configure SSL for my store. After I enabled it my currency symbols have gone very strange. I did run into a similar problem before when I changed host. There was a small square in front of the amount but I changed it easily in the Admin, currency section. This time after enabling of SSL it had the little squares again, I changed them through Admin but now they are even worse with a A thing in front of my £ sign. It apears to be fine when in the basket and at checkout.

Any ideas whats wrong and where I can look?

url is www.acemodel.co.uk

I had this same problem when I moved onto a mysql 5 database. Not sure if this is related to your issue, but I got around this by uncommenting the following line in my php.ini file on my wevserver,

default_charset = "iso-8859-1"

I then went into the cubecart currency section of admin and remove the offending character.

This may work for you, always worth a try, but will depend if you have access to the php.ini file; if on shared hosting, you will have to ask your provider nicely to change!

Good luck.

Pete

Thanks for your reply Pete. I did manage to get it sorted and forgot about updating the thread. I was trying to use shared SSL and after some lengthy chats with my host it was found that the shared ssl was mixed with a proxy and didn't handle the characters very well, I purchased a dedicated SSL and it works perfect now.