usps rate increase = shipping module changes?

Guest conspicuouschick

Guest steveboy

Wat to go AGAIN steveboy-

See, you are an IT admin :D

midwest :D

I wouldn't hire me if I were you. Even at $10/hr, I'd be a wealthy man.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest midwest

Ok Folks, Here is the latest,

Re-installed hafree's (originally posted by AlanT) mod for Varible Container option in USPS Admin module.

find that here

Installed TimHenel's fix for International. (Post # 61)

This eleminates the kajillion options returned by the USPS server to only the one(s) you wish.

Everything seems to be working fine !! :D

Thanks to ALL of you who helped get this problem resolved. It was Truely a CC community effort.

Another reason I like CC.

Guest ladagerick

I've managed to replace the usps files /modules/shipping/USPS/class.usps.php

/modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php

with the originals. Getting shipping rates in quaduplicate unable to select preferred options in control panel (Not the same as the new names) unable to turn off flat rate internationial priority (People don't know what will fit the env or box)

Tested against usps website and got different options and prices

I am willing to pay for the assistance I need and don't seem to be getting from cubecart My boss wants this site back up.

sign me frustrated in Houston

Guest midwest

with the originals. Getting shipping rates in quaduplicate unable to select preferred options in control panel (Not the same as the new names) unable to turn off flat rate internationial priority (People don't know what will fit the env or box)

I am willing to pay for the assistance I need and don't seem to be getting from cubecart My boss wants this site back up.

ladagerick,

Go back and read my post (# 60) very carefully.

You will need to un-mod "3" files , not 2.

In addition to the one's you did do, you need to also put the /admin/modules/shipping/USPS/index.php back to the stock CC version, if it to has mods. If you cannot remember, get a clean version and save a copy to your PC ( as well as the other clean files AND the ones you are changing), then go ahead and try it again.

Once you get the clean files back in CC , In your CC Admin USPS Module, you should see Flat Rate Envelope for Express and Flat Rate Envelope & FR Box in priority. Enable First Class, Priority & Express Sevices in the module, then enable the module.

Go ahead and turn your store back on, open it in a new browser, then check the shipping options. Try a Domestic, which should be fine, then try a foriegn order.

Now you are probably going to have a SLEW of options for foriegn. You will notice that some are duplicates. That is because you have all the services enabled. Leave the order at the shipping quote in the store, then go to your Admin and turn off 2 services. Now go to the store and refresh the page. See what happened?

There is a fix- TimHensel's post will fix that. Post 61. Scroll down to where he talks about the International Shipping options.

If you simply want to provide Domestic Shipping, you could probably comment out the International Rate in the code, but I have never done that and not sure how many of the files would need to be changed.

Guest FelipeT

any fixes for authorization error yet? I can't even enable this mod since I'm failing the test at authorization, even though USPS says i'm fine.

A link to any files i need to download would be great. (I'm using 3.0.15)

Guest thewoodelf

ladagerick,

In addition to the one's you did do, you need to also put the /admin/modules/shipping/USPS/index.php back to the stock CC version, if it to has mods. If you cannot remember, get a clean version and save a copy to your PC ( as well as the other clean files AND the ones you are changing), then go ahead and try it again.

Once you get the clean files back in CC , In your CC Admin USPS Module, you should see Flat Rate Envelope for Express and Flat Rate Envelope & FR Box in priority. Enable First Class, Priority & Express Sevices in the module, then enable the module.

Go ahead and turn your store back on, open it in a new browser, then check the shipping options. Try a Domestic, which should be fine, then try a foriegn order.

Now you are probably going to have a SLEW of options for foriegn. You will notice that some are duplicates. That is because you have all the services enabled. Leave the order at the shipping quote in the store, then go to your Admin and turn off 2 services. Now go to the store and refresh the page. See what happened?

There is a fix- TimHensel's post will fix that. Post 61. Scroll down to where he talks about the International Shipping options.

If you simply want to provide Domestic Shipping, you could probably comment out the International Rate in the code, but I have never done that and not sure how many of the files would need to be changed.

midwest :(

Hello,

I have made all the changes and everything seems to be working except when I disable parcel post, I don't want to use it, parcel post still shows up in my shoping cart. Any suggestions on why I can't disable this option.

Thanks Dave

Guest ladagerick

ladagerick,

I replaced the file I misssed before with a clean 3.0.15 version amd when I go to control panel and select shipping under modules I recieve this error message.

Warning: include(../../../../includes/ini.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/domains/shop.soundsofthetrumpet.com/docs/cubecart/admin/modules/index.php on line 31

Warning: include(../../../../includes/ini.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/domains/shop.soundsofthetrumpet.com/docs/cubecart/admin/modules/index.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../../includes/ini.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/domains/shop.soundsofthetrumpet.com/docs/cubecart/admin/modules/index.php on line 31

Warning: include(../../../../includes/global.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/domains/shop.soundsofthetrumpet.com/docs/cubecart/admin/modules/index.php on line 32

Warning: include(../../../../includes/global.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/domains/shop.soundsofthetrumpet.com/docs/cubecart/admin/modules/index.php on line 32

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../../includes/global.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/domains/shop.soundsofthetrumpet.com/docs/cubecart/admin/modules/index.php on line 32

Warning: require_once(../../../../classes/db.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/domains/shop.soundsofthetrumpet.com/docs/cubecart/admin/modules/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../../../classes/db.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/domains/shop.soundsofthetrumpet.com/docs/cubecart/admin/modules/index.php on line 33

any ideas?

Well lucky me, today I started a store and I guess i'll have to buy pass shipping stuff for now was planning on using USPS...but I can't get the test to work.

Question though, is there anyway to make certain items exempt from shipping costs?

Guest midwest

Ok, Sorry but I don't have a whole lot of time today. Hopefully someone else in the forums can help out.

I'll address a couple things though. First, I am not a modder, you all should know that in advance. but these mods DID are ARE working in my store. I have to rely on others diong the modding and then I install if I can. I am running CCV3.0.15

So anything you try, save a copy of the files you are messing with first !

Ok,

felepeT and Vio,

There is a problem I believe with the test file for the USPS Module in regards to the international shipping that I haven't had time to investigate. I am also still having the same problem.

Read the previouspost's in this topic regarding this issue.

vio- Not sure if there is another way, but take a look at my site if you like to get an idea. I ship free in the USA and Charge for International. I enabled the FREE SHIP mod in admin then just made a note in my item descriptions. I haven't used the other modules so not sure if you can do it through those or not.

thewoodelf-

Try refreshing the store page after you have disabled the option.

ladagerick-

I wish I had an answer for you right now but I don't. I suggest putting everthing back the way it was for now. I can tell you this, All the errors are in admin/modules/index.php . Notice that? Isn't that the one you just replaced? It appears you may have replaced the wrong file (but I am not sure). As we are dealing with the ADMIN/SHIPPING. BE VERY CAREFUL YOU ARE PUTTING THINGS IN THE CORRECT LOCATION. AND ALWAYS MAKE BACK UPS ! Try putting the old one back and see if that fixes this particular problem.

Ok, Sorry but I don't have a whole lot of time today. Hopefully someone else in the forums can help out.

I'll address a couple things though. First, I am not a modder, you all should know that in advance. but these mods DID are ARE working in my store. I have to rely on others diong the modding and then I install if I can. I am running CCV3.0.15

So anything you try, save a copy of the files you are messing with first !

Ok,

felepeT and Vio,

There is a problem I believe with the test file for the USPS Module in regards to the international shipping that I haven't had time to investigate. I am also still having the same problem.

Read the previouspost's in this topic regarding this issue.

vio- Not sure if there is another way, but take a look at my site if you like to get an idea. I ship free in the USA and Charge for International. I enabled the FREE SHIP mod in admin then just made a note in my item descriptions. I haven't used the other modules so not sure if you can do it through those or not.

thewoodelf-

Try refreshing the store page after you have disabled the option.

ladagerick-

I wish I had an answer for you right now but I don't. I suggest putting everthing back the way it was for now. I can tell you this, All the errors are in admin/modules/index.php . Notice that? Isn't that the one you just replaced? It appears you may have replaced the wrong file (but I am not sure). As we are dealing with the ADMIN/SHIPPING. BE VERY CAREFUL YOU ARE PUTTING THINGS IN THE CORRECT LOCATION. AND ALWAYS MAKE BACK UPS ! Try putting the old one back and see if that fixes this particular problem.

I may just do free shipping to help attract buisness to the site

Guest ladagerick

I there or will there soon be a control panel that matches the international catagory discriptions that is now in use by the USPS.(and does not get multiple returns)

I need variable weight priority intl since there is no way for the customer to know if their order will fit flat weight env or boxes.

Is there a programer that could fix my problem for $100 to $200 dollars US.

Or am I wasting my time and should just go with Godaddy.com?

Guest ladagerick

Well I just keep trying(who know it might work:}) and it did after deleting and restoring from the backup 3 times(lots of files to delete and rewrite). and following Midwest's advice and changing all 3 files and then adding timhensels code changes it seems to be working!(Yeah! 3 cheers for midwest and Timhensel for their help and direction) will put back on line and hope I won't be bugging (murmuring and complaining) anyone around here for a while.

Guest midwest

Well I just keep trying(who know it might work:}) and it did after deleting and restoring from the backup 3 times(lots of files to delete and rewrite). and following Midwest's advice and changing all 3 files and then adding timhensels code changes it seems to be working!(Yeah! 3 cheers for midwest and Timhensel for their help and direction) will put back on line and hope I won't be bugging (murmuring and complaining) anyone around here for a while.

ladagerick

I don't know how many times I have had to do the exact same thing ! I think I have like 79 post on the forums and most begin with HELP !

I am sorry I was not much help in my last post, bit I am truly glad you got it working. :sleep: Run some test orders to be sure everything is fine.

I would LOVE to see some changes in the shipping modules as well. This needs to be integraitable on a PER ITEM bases as well as PER CATEGORY, allowing for a selection of the carrier and the shipping format(s) allowed for each item.

There are alot of ways to accomplish this, but a good example is the "Product Options" in Admin. The Shipping could be set up similarly in my opinion and NEEDS to be. OR SOMETHING ! PLEASE !

For reference in the future, go to cubecart.org if you need a programmer. They are all listed in there. You may not get much of a response in these forums for a programming request.

Oh, and your welcome :(

vio-

MY thinking exactly. I Always try to do this for the customer if I can. When I list on eBay it is very hard to do anymore because they increase rates about every 6 months ! But I can do it in my CC store :D

Guest Mrs. B.

Ok Folks,

What some will need to do, if you have applied the following mods, you will need to remove them from the file and resave.

Basicly, we are reverting back to the stock files.

files affected by these mods:

/admin/modules/shipping/USPS/index.php

/modules/shipping/USPS/class.usps.php

/modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php.

If you have applied any of these mods, remove them and resave the file(s).

Okay, I have no shipping mods installed on my cart, only the Photo & Text Upload mod by Estelle and the SEO mod. Nevertheless I tried uploading these files from a fresh download of 3.0.15 and it still isn't working.

I read that even if I get the error message in admin when running the test, that it will still show up in the cart. Except it's not. And where I suspect there should be a drop-down box for me to enable the USPS option, it only says "Disabled <-- You MUST Submit USPS Tests Below to Enable." :huh:

This is on a new install of the cart, for a client's site that has just gone live as of Friday.

Is there a way to override this setting to turn it on since the test doesn't work because of their API issues?

Guest heraldmonkey

I've been trying to keep my head above water with this thread- but can't figure out what to do for a fresh 3.0.16 installation with NO mods at all. My USPS gateway is telling me

Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

Both when I try to submit the USPS test, AND when I enable the gateway and get to step4 of the checkout.

Can anyone tell me what the solution to this is, or point me to the correct post in this thread?

Thanks very much

/\/\

Meir

--Update: It seems FelipeT and I are having the same problem, just Felipe is on 3.0.15 and I'm on 3.0.16. Felipe, I was able to force the authorization test by changing the value in the table CubeCart_Modules. For the folder USPS, change the value of 'status' from 1 to 0. (Tho any admin updates to the gateway will set it back to 1 again.)

Hello All,

Thanks to those who have provided contributions to help get members stores up and running. As I am sure you can imagine we are up against it getting the 4.0.0 beta release ready and things have been hectic.

I will speak with USPS today and get them to send me everything required for RateV3. I'll then rewrite the whole module if required and post it here for testing. I can't believe they still haven't updated their website. Shocking for a company of such magnitude.

I can understand that some of our customers will be fed up with us but things haven't been made easy for us and timing for all this is no ideal at all. We are only small.

Anyhow I will post back here with updates once I speak with USPS and make them answer all the question I have and send the info required. Frankly an example XML is no good if you don't know what the possible attribute values are.

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenienced caused.

I will speak with USPS today and get them to send me everything required for RateV3. I'll then rewrite the whole module if required and post it here for testing. I can't believe they still haven't updated their website. Shocking for a company of such magnitude.

For the USPS ... You would think they would be on the ball.

They probably do have something down somewhere, but you need to be Sherlock Holmes to find it through their website. I've always seem to have trouble find pieces of information on their site...sometimes they bury stuff way to deep.

Thanks for your work on this Al. I'll keep an eye out for the updated USPS code for testing.

I just got off the phone to USPS. They said that the RateV3 integration guide/documentation is about ready but under review before going live. Seems ridiculous to me they set it live before having the documents available but at least it makes life interesting. :)

They have sent an email with the changes and I will go through it right now making any amendments. I will then post a new version of the module here.

Guest midwest

Ok Folks,

What some will need to do, if you have applied the following mods, you will need to remove them from the file and resave.

Basicly, we are reverting back to the stock files.

files affected by these mods:

/admin/modules/shipping/USPS/index.php

/modules/shipping/USPS/class.usps.php

/modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php.

If you have applied any of these mods, remove them and resave the file(s).

Okay, I have no shipping mods installed on my cart, only the Photo & Text Upload mod by Estelle and the SEO mod. Nevertheless I tried uploading these files from a fresh download of 3.0.15 and it still isn't working.

I read that even if I get the error message in admin when running the test, that it will still show up in the cart. Except it's not. And where I suspect there should be a drop-down box for me to enable the USPS option, it only says "Disabled <-- You MUST Submit USPS Tests Below to Enable." :(

This is on a new install of the cart, for a client's site that has just gone live as of Friday.

Is there a way to override this setting to turn it on since the test doesn't work because of their API issues?

Hi Mrs B,

I am sorry no one has responed to your question, including me, but as far as I am concerned, I just got ALOT of inventory in stock and need to get it posted on my store.

I try to help as much as possible, and would love to help more, but as well as running my Online Store, I also have a job, and only so much time in the day. (Also keep in mind I am NOT a programer or modder or moderator. )I do Appologize and hope you understand.

First, I cannot comment on the mods you have installed, as I do not have them and am not familiar with the files associated with them.

Having said that, IF YOUR files in the list have no mods, there is no need to rewrite them, but DO save a back up to your pc. You just have to add the adjustments to the code as outlined in this post. Back up current files, READ THE POST'S CAREFULLY, and put things in the correct locations and you SHOULD be fine.

If I have time this week, I will post a step by step of what I did to get mine to work until AL can get the required info from the good ole' USPS.

Bare in mind that what you want or need for shipping may not be the same as what I need, so you will have to adjust accordingly. But these mods DO WORK. I have tested many times, both Domestic USA & International.

Again, sorry it has taken me this long to get back.

midwest :)

Guest midwest

I just got off the phone to USPS. They said that the RateV3 integration guide/documentation is about ready but under review before going live. Seems ridiculous to me they set it live before having the documents available but at least it makes life interesting. :(

They have sent an email with the changes and I will go through it right now making any amendments. I will then post a new version of the module here.

Al-

Thanks for trying to get this thing sorted out. What we have is a temp fix for now, and I know you are at the mercy of inept individules, but apprieciate the attention to the matter. (Those individuals being the USPS)

Just for your info, the USPS is not a company. It is a psudo Goverment agency. That is why things are as they are. If it WERE a company, I would almost guarentee that the cart would have not been put before the horse. The USPS always acts first and thinks later.

Just for your info, I do all my shipping through paypal, and noticed the other day they had package size peramiters fields mandatory for certain shipping options.

Will be looking forward to the new Module !

midwest :)

Ok well I've made progress... some anyway. I've added length, width, and girth for RECTANGULAR priority packages and extra girth for NON RECTANGULAR priority packages. Machinable/Nonmachineble added to first class. Letter, flat or parcel added to first class.

I've also added valueofcontents to IntlRate request. I cannot get international shipping to pass tests usng the exact XML demo code (with my username) provided in the changed email from USPS.

I've contacted their support for help with this. I'm not going to test the front until the backend test submit works.

I've sent the following email to USPS:

I'm trying to upgrade our CubeCart ecommerce solution USPS integration for the May 13th changes. However I have an issue with international test rates. Can you be so kind as to help shed any light on the following send and return XML:

Test URL: http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll

SENT XML:

<IntlRateRequest USERID="614DEVEL6115" PASSWORD="vfdfd">

<Package ID="0">

<Pounds>2</Pounds>

<Ounces>0</Ounces>

<MailType>Package</MailType>

<ValueOfContents>3.67</ValueOfContents>

<Country>Canada</Country>

</Package>

</IntlRateRequest>

RETURN XML:

<Error>

<Number>80040b1a</Number>

<Description>API Authorization failure. IntlRate is not a valid API name for this protocol.</Description>

<Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source>

</Error>

We will get there eventually.

Guest midwest

Ok well I've made progress... some anyway. I've added length, width, and girth for RECTANGULAR priority packages and extra girth for NON RECTANGULAR priority packages. Machinable/Nonmachineble added to first class. Letter, flat or parcel added to first class.

I've also added valueofcontents to IntlRate request. I cannot get international shipping to pass tests usng the exact XML demo code (with my username) provided in the changed email from USPS.

I've contacted their support for help with this. I'm not going to test the front until the backend test submit works.

I'm trying to upgrade our CubeCart ecommerce solution USPS integration for the May 13th changes. However I have an issue with international test rates. Can you be so kind as to help shed any light on the following send and return XML:

SENT XML:

<Package ID="0">

<Pounds>2</Pounds>

<Ounces>0</Ounces>

</Package>

</IntlRateRequest>

RETURN XML:

<Error>

<Description>API Authorization failure. IntlRate is not a valid API name for this protocol.</Description>

</Error>

Al-

Thanks so much for the update ! Glad you are making at least SOME headway !

Wish I could be of more help !

midwest :P

Guest jw00dy

SENT XML:

<Package ID="0">

<Pounds>2</Pounds>

<Ounces>0</Ounces>

</Package>

</IntlRateRequest>

RETURN XML:

<Error>

</Error>

Al-

Thanks so much for the update ! Glad you are making at least SOME headway !

Wish I could be of more help !

midwest :P

Yes, thank you so much for your efforts. They are greatly appreciated.

Guest hafree

For anyone that was using my collection of mods for the USPS shipping module, I posted a fix for the new version of the USPS API that fixes the main problem described in this thread.

Click here

Guest dunc85

Is there any update on the official fix for this?

Reverting to the original files allows international shipping (with about 9 different options) but breaks US shipping with a "Failed to add to package" error.