Build My PC

Guest Rob Layt

Guest Rob Layt

Hi all,

This is my latest venture to expand my business, i have recently gone into partnership with a local computer store and am authorized to sell online to earn commission.

I am currently going through the fun task of adding all the products and trying to work on a modification to have product categories as drop downs in a specific product ( to create a custom pc) instead of using product options as it will be easier if the options get auto updated when you add a new product???

its getting there and the prices are only the standard retail at the moment but they are expected to drop shortly with a price beat garuntee too!

the url is

www.buildmypc.com.au

Please let me know your thoughts and if you find any errors in the pages ect

cheers

Robert Layt

Riddle Designs

Guest lordbarron

its very nice indeed must of taken a while to create. i do have one niggle with it, and I see this so often, in your top header you've got serif font saying Australia's Latest Gear. its the only time this font appears through the store, infact the only time that style of font appears in the store and it just looks well out of place.

a few other bits, your images like 'shipped to your door' 'we've got gamers covered' etc i would make all the rounding on these the same.

the processor top bit, maybe an image map over each one taking you to a description of each processor. first thing i did was try and roll over these images..

apart from that this is one the best designs ive seen lately sweet.

one last thing., i tried ur site in spanish but most of it appears in english,, even worse with chinese, i wud say remove the languages bar if you don't intend on supporting other languages.

Very nice, Rob. I have to agree on the one criticism, too many different fonts there. On the other hand, serif-style fonts may be cool, because practically every web site uses sans-serif fonts. Using a nice serif font can set your site apart a bit if they are used tastefully. The big problem here is that I see too many different fonts on the page to count :)

Great job on your layout and artwork

Guest rohloff

hey

cool lookin site

could you enlighten me as to how you put the 3 images on the left column and the one in the right please? ive asked this question in the forum before and to date not been able to figure it out, ive been sent away to look thru org but couldnt find anythin

if you could let us know and im sure there are others whod much appreciate it thatd be great

thanks

I would suggest removing the currency box on the right, if you are only selling in Oz dollars why pretend to give the customer a support? There is also no need to include the information box just below that coz customers aren't really interested in knowing what products you have, all they want to know is if you have the product they desire.

In the "browse by category" box there is no need for the homepage link, the next box has the home link, and the top of the page has home link as well.

With regards to the font I would disagree with changing the "Australia's Latest Gear", but would make the menus on the left the same font as the menu just below the header

Guest xtremex

Very nice I like the theme, is there a possibility I could get a copy? my email is [email protected] also would you like to partner with a PC maker in the US? If so let me know, we could international partners.

Guest Brivtech

Unless you're planning on accepting other currencies, take the currency box out. Boxes with single options are not any use, and only clutter things.