I built it, will they come?

Thanks to CubeCart and its wonderfully flexible design, we are now open for business.

At present, I am investing pretty heavily in advertising. Traffic has doubled each of the last 3 days and hopefully will reach 100 fresh hits per day within the week.

Does anyone have any good data on what percentage of targeted hits will convert to sales? I'm realize every business is different, I'm just looking for some baseline reference. At the rate the money is going out, I want to stay on top of it. If I see that I am significantly behind the curve I can start scratching my head and trying to figure out the reason. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

im no business expert, but i think since each business is so drastically different, even baseline numbers would be hard to predict. There are so many shops on the web these days, and the name of the game is "who has the lowest price."

Even if your fresh 100 hits per day keep rolling in, if they notice your prices are a couple bucks more expensive than other places, 90 percent of the time, people are going to go elsewhere.

Once again im not a business expert by any means, but i do know the web