Electronic component and projects store

Guest roman1

Guest roman1

Hi all,

I have been running this store for 1/2 year laready and this is it's second incarnation:

www.dipmicro.com

first version was boring blue with many unnecessary lines. My goal is simplicity in navigation. Just recently I implemented third party product adding into the basket (Digi-Key), if anybody interested I can paste the code here.

Thank you for having a look and let me know if you see something that I can improve. I am already aware that SEO can be improved but did not get to it yet.

Roman

Guest roman1

MMMMMM. your bottom copywrite probably needs color change (too near background colour) and you seem to be missing the top copywrite :P and your bottom site docs dont appear to have any copywrite at bottom either :ninja:

Site docs ... I do not use site docs rendered by CC, you can notice that those bottom docs are actually PHP documents in subdirectory /pages, while CC is inside subdirectory /store.

Roman, I agree the site is nicely done and an interesting development :ninja:

I would make a suggestion, others have commented about the copyright situation - why not go ahead and license the cqart software and be done with the copyright language? It is a fair price for the script, the developer deserves the support, and the cart will look great.

@ Stevie, come on man, you can figure this out :P

This is not the same as the categories discussed at the other forum, these are three separate templates! global/index, global/cart and Digikey.php

LOL B)

Guest roman1

Very nice, in particular i like the active tab menu that you have installed, i would love to know how you did that :)

Burgensteen is correct about the copyright being missing. I suggest you restore it before Devillion takes action against you for breaching the licencing terms ;)

Thanks;) Download Firebug extension and inspect away. It's quite simple actually - every tab and separator is a fixed width TD element and round corners are 6x6 bitmaps.

There is small optimisation with round corners - they are combined into single bitmap out of which always only particular portion is shown (to save browser transactions) :

.Flap0LT, .Flap0RT, .Flap1LT, .Flap1RT { background:url(/img/tabs.bmp);width:6px;height:6px; overflow:hidden; }

.Flap0RT { background-position:-6px 0 }

.Flap1LT { background-position:-12px 0 }

.Flap1RT { background-position:-18px 0 }

and this is the navigation menu:

<table cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'>

<tr>

<td class="Active Flap" valign="top"><div class="Flap0LT"/></td>

<td class="Active Item">Home</td>

<td class="Active Flap" valign="top"><div class="Flap0RT"/></td>

<td class="Separator"/>

<td class="Grayed Flap" valign="top"><div class="Flap1LT"/></td>

<td class="Grayed Item"><a href="/store/cart.php?act=cart">Cart</a></td>

<td class="Grayed Flap" valign="top"><div class="Flap1RT"/></td>

<td class="Separator"/>

<td class="Grayed Flap" valign="top"><div class="Flap1LT"/></td>

<td class="Grayed Item"><a href="/store/DigiKey.php">DigiKey</a></td>

<td class="Grayed Flap" valign="top"><div class="Flap1RT"/></td>

</tr>

</table>

Thanks for the warning, will fix the top copyright but have to figure out what that top copyright actually is, did not realize there was one :errm:

Guest webicon

aside from the whole missing copyright issue (which by the way I think you just innocently 'lost' when you hardcoded the title tag in the page as oppose to let it self-generate).. btw - I agree with MarksCarts - Buy the license - it really is a small price to pay for this fantastic product and your site would look that bit better if you could remove the cc copyright at bottom and then move your own notice from where it is to where the cc copyright is now.

I really like the feel of the site. Certainly does 'feel' like a very professional computer/accessories place.

My only comment would be that the credot card 'box ' feels a little 'stuck on' at the bottom now. I would be tempted to resize and rehouse in the left colomn just to neaten up a bit.

Other than that think is FAB!

Guest roman1

Originally I just tried it because it was part of my hosting package with BlueHost and once I had 100 items in it, I was locked in. We have overgrown the integrated CC functionalities and although there are many mods and I actually purchased some, the process of applying them is a tedious manual one. For example I purchased Flexible Taxes but when I updated the cart to newer more secure version, I just did not bother to install it and rather "eat" the cost of PST for Ontario customers.

I would gladly pay much more for CC if the author licensed the "good mods" and maintained "Pro" version that I would not have to touch. It's a great product no question about that, but once you start using it in daily operations, you may find out that certain tasks could be more automated.

The "top copyright" is back. Hopefully it's the {META_TITLE} macro generating "powered by CubeCart". Guys, thanks for the feedback. To the suggestions about purchasing CC: my store is still not generating enough sales even for suporting my family and $150-$200 (CC + mods) is not a negligible expense for just removing the copyrights that don't bother me. For that price there are fully integrated carts I am looking at. I quite appreciate the privilege of using this outstanding software for no charge and maybe I can give something back in a form of providing my feedback to this forum on features I would be actually willing to pay for, recommending CubeCart as a starter software to my friends that have been asking how to run the online store and helping them to put it up.

Here is my list of "nice to have" features.

. Automated mod install/uninstall

. Single click backup/restore, currently I have to go to phpMyAdmin

. Coupons issued to all or particular members, store credit, etc.

. Integrated tax module based on province (state)

. Shipping settings are too crude, I currently use by weight and modified "Free" to "Local Pickup" but I could use flexibility of separate shipping on certain products

. It would be nice if cart helped with generating shipping addressed labels, but so far I did not see such feature in any of carts I looked at.

. It would be nice if Packing slip contained warehouse location configurable in the product settings.

. Tracking my cost and source would be excellent, currently I use a spreadsheet for that and need to keep synchronizing it with store.

. Price quantity breaks

. Editing price and quantity should be inline in product list rather than going into each product one by one

. More pictures in one product listing

. Integration with eBay (inventory syncing) would be total nirvana.

Roman