Question about moving my URL

Guest Michael Dray

Guest Michael Dray

Hi guys i moved my url from the test address where i was building the site to the live site address. I followed the instructions from cubecart support and the site is now running on the new URL. However all of the contents of my database seems to have gone? there are no producs of categories. I dont have an sql thing that I can use to check the contents of the acctual database its self but i dont see how you can loose all the products and categories just by copying the site and putting it sumwhere else. The databse has not moved.

Any ideas?

Thanks Guys

Guest webicon

when you say new url - do you mean new domain entirely?

Chances are that the new domain does not have the same sql connection path as the previous install.

Likely that the previous install's connection was to 'localhost' - and unless you are on a reseller package its highly unlikely that any professional host would allow you access to previous db using this access string.

Contact your host explain that you are trying to do - many are able to copy settings/dat easily between accounts...

if you are on a reseller account - try fininding out the Ip address of the SQL db and modyfying the global.inc.php file in the includes directory - thats all I do I my sites when moving them and all goes across without issue.

Guest Michael Dray

my mate owns the hosting company I have the address of the datebase and everything. However when i go back even te development site is now blank? there are no categories and no products in there either. Also everyhting i do results in query errors. I dont understand what as gone wrong?

Did you do a fresh New install on the new site or just move all your existing files over and fix the paths? If you did a new install, you likely overwrote your old database.

:innocent: