Can the Cube Cart Blue colour be changed to Pink

Hi there, I love cube cart,

Now I would like it to be another colour other then blue. I would like Pink or Green so can I change the colour or do I have to buy a Skin from someone. If I buy a Skin from someone and cube cart does an upgrade later down the track would I loose that skin?

Also putting in your own banner logo, what is the best size for it to be? I have three banners/logos to choose which one would be best 750x175 204x106 174 x 51

Thanks Lynn :)

Hi Lynn,

A link to your site, and knowing which skin you ae using would be helpful. There are three CubeCart stock skins, Classic, Killer and Legend.

You do not need to purchase a skin. You do need to learn a little bit about html and css, which is the simple language behind websites.

I recommend this site for help with html and css:

http://www.w3schools.com/

Hi Lynn,

A link to your site, and knowing which skin you ae using would be helpful. There are three CubeCart stock skins, Classic, Killer and Legend.

You do not need to purchase a skin. You do need to learn a little bit about html and css, which is the simple language behind websites.

I recommend this site for help with html and css:

http://www.w3schools.com/

I have a cube cart shop (Legend) but of course I would like it to be another colour. I do understand about changing the colour in the css sheets and know a bit about html..so I will go now and look at the site you suggested..Thanks Lynn

Hi there once again I just had a look at that site and I do understand it, I just looked at how to change colour. I do know that all the places top bottom sides and category boxes etc..all I have to do (I think) is change all the blue codes to pink or green,

on my server there is a FTP thing, I guess thats what I have to learn to do use ftp next, then I can change the colour and the logo.

Thanks Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

About ftp, etc., http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=27445

About image sizes for stock logos, see this post (post is listed in pinned posts for this forum) that gives the image sizes for stock cubecart logo images

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....ost&p=52764

Sorry I posted in the wong place before :( I have been reading and reading and still I am trying to figure it out. I read this about changing the logo, but how do I save it to this folder, where is it the folder? Is it something I have to do in smart fpt? How do I save my logo to this file?

------------------------------------------------------

First rename your logo to

topheader.gif

now save to this folder

skins\Legend\styleImages\backgrounds

The part in red is the name of the skin u r using eg classic/legend or killer

With all due respect, you seem to be fairly new to this sort of thing, why not go over to www.cubecart.org and look under communities, if you check out the communities there you will find one with some free skins and some amazing commercial ones, give it a check, I dont think you will be disappointed.

Burgensteen

With all due respect, you seem to be fairly new to this sort of thing, why not go over to www.cubecart.org and look under communities, if you check out the communities there you will find one with some free skins and some amazing commercial ones, give it a check, I dont think you will be disappointed.

Burgensteen

Hi there Burgensteen. I thought of doing that, but then how would I learn. I learn something new everyday and now I need a next step help. I managed to get the smart ftp to go to my site, I saw my files, opened up the images, draged over a logo I had renamed topHeader.jpg. Then I realized I had put it in images not in logos..so I did it again and put it in logos file I saw there was a file in there cc.logo.gif so now under that is my topHeader.jpg. The Next step I should imagine is to open the skins/legend/stylesheet/layout** file and change the logo from cc.logo.gif and put in my logo topHeader.jpg in its place. The thing I need help with is..do I drag that file** over to microsoft front page (easier for me then dreamweaver) to do the change and then drag it back and upload back to server? I hope you understand what I mean and any help would be appreciated. Thanks Lynn

Dear-heart,

It appears you have the ftp working now, that's very good, but you have two things wrong. This seems to difficult and complicated I know, but it is only because it is new for you. This is actually quite easy and elementary, you just need a little basic knowledge and some practice. Please pay close atention as this is your answer . . .

What's wrong - you have a logo image named topHeader.jpg, but the logo image in Legend is a .gif by default, it is named topHeader.gif. Please, if you you can, save your logo image in the .gif format and name it topHeader.gif (pay attention to upper/lowercase letters here, too. Only the H is uppercase :))

What else is wrong - you have put your new logo in the wrong place. I know it seemed right to you - you went to the images folder in the root of your store, but that is NOT where this logo goes. In the root of your store is a folder named images and in it is a folder named logos ( images/logos/ ) but this is NOT where your logo goes. I'm sorry, I know that can be confusing. Instead, you need to use your ftp and navigate not to images folder, but to skins folder, then to Legend, then to styleImages, then to backgrounds (skins/Legend/styleImages/backgrounds/) in there you will see an image named topHeader.gif - you need to drag your new image there to replace it. That is all you need to do. If you do that correctly, the new logo will show automatically.

<_<

Dear-heart,

It appears you have the ftp working now, that's very good, but you have two things wrong. This seems to difficult and complicated I know, but it is only because it is new for you. This is actually quite easy and elementary, you just need a little basic knowledge and some practice. Please pay close atention as this is your answer . . .

What's wrong - you have a logo image named topHeader.jpg, but the logo image in Legend is a .gif by default, it is named topHeader.gif. Please, if you you can, save your logo image in the .gif format and name it topHeader.gif (pay attention to upper/lowercase letters here, too. Only the H is uppercase ;))

What else is wrong - you have put your new logo in the wrong place. I know it seemed right to you - you went to the images folder in the root of your store, but that is NOT where this logo goes. In the root of your store is a folder named images and in it is a folder named logos ( images/logos/ ) but this is NOT where your logo goes. I'm sorry, I know that can be confusing. Instead, you need to use your ftp and navigate not to images folder, but to skins folder, then to Legend, then to styleImages, then to backgrounds (skins/Legend/styleImages/backgrounds/) in there you will see an image named topHeader.gif - you need to drag your new image there to replace it. That is all you need to do. If you do that correctly, the new logo will show automatically.

<_<

:D guess what!! I did it..see you do learn something new every day!! ;) , except it was a jpg not a gif for Legend. It's a bit big and I have to fix it but at least I got a banner up. Now can I change that grey background? Love from the learner and thanks for your Patience, it is appreciated :)

Love Lynn

Goto skins/ legend/ stylesheets/ layout.css and at the top you will find:

body.....this controls the background outside of your cart (the overall color in the background)

#pagesurround.....controls the actual cart background.

#subsurround.....controls the top part round about the topheader pi background.

Tell you what the best thing to do is,

Make a Backup of your store, or at least your layout.css and your style.css (And dont touch them unless you make a mess of the others and need to re-use them)

Download topstyle light (google for it), download your style.css and your layout.css (via ftp) open them up in topstyle light and you will notice that when you click on a particular part of the page it will give you the attributes on the right hand side (set the right hand side on properties, on the botton of the pane).

Re-upload the file to your store (FTP again) and see what happens.

I found this the best way to learn the CC css attributes.

Hope it all goes well for you. :sourcerer:

Burgensteen