First Prototype of Website

I spent three weeks creating this website while using cubecart for the first time. It has a little bit of flash in the beginning so be warned. Let me know what you think of each aspect of the website. I want it to look professional but also provide an experience for the customer, you know the artsy ppl like that sort of stuff. PLease advise on colours and background that would enhance website, because it currently falls short of what I envision. I am not sure how to move forward. Particularly looking for comments from the artsy crowd, but all is welcome

The site was designed using Legend skin as the base, with significant editing to remove some fields...

With that preamble please visit www.stonehouse-art.com

Guest Brivtech

My initial impression is that the flash intro should come out.

Instead, a slightly smaller version should be put in place of the logo on the store. Something like a cookie should be set to play it only once.

I think the fonts need some work, they're not consistent for a start.

The sceme is simple, not necessarily a bad thing, but I think you should take the blue out of borders and text, because it's not in keeping with the feel of the brand.

I assume by the inconsistent font you mean the difference in the main content and other pages such as about us, and contact us.. I was having difficulty in formatting the text to match the regular content. The cubecart page creator was inconsistent even when I highlighted all text and changed the font. Any suggestions on getting around this, but will def correct once I know how. Is the font in the header an issue for this?

Moving the flash to front page would require a significant change of the flash movie, I will work on that.

With regards to the colour do you have any colour suggestions? I am thinking black, grey and white.

By the way thanks for the comments they are very helpful. Please keep em coming