no redirect on digital download...

Guest Trevor56

Guest Trevor56

I have CC 3.0.6 and am setting up for digital downloads. I have a storefront working, can show the products, photos, and have a gateway setup, which is working.

What I do not get is a redirect to the downloadable product, on either a redirect page or in an email.

I do a test and do get the email receipt, but no where to get the product.

Please advise, I think it is something small I am missing, but just cannot find it.

Guest Trevor56

Ok, where is the Processing section? on what heading? I have looked through the headings that seemed right, but cannot find. Thanks for any help :D

For the install, the only version was 3.0.6 available, is there another?

Firstly you should really be using the latest version of CubeCart to ensure your store is secure :dizzy:

For the download email to be sent you need to change the order status to Processing and then a new link appears for you to click to send the download email. If your order status is already marked as Processing then the download link should be sent automatically.

Guest Trevor56

Ok, where is "orders" under what headeing on the left? And what version on CC?

Click on Orders

Click on an order for a digital item

Scroll down and change the order status to Processing

Click update

Then the link will appear at the top of that order under Order Summary

Guest Trevor56

We are using 3.0.16, sorry for any confusion :dizzy:

Click on Orders

Click update

Guest Trevor56

I thank you to all who responded, however, if I have to enable this function for each download, this is a waste of time for me, this is supposed to be an automated system.

Any repsonses rewiewed :dizzy:

Click on Orders

Click update

"Customers", it is the same on all V3 versions.

There is a modification available that will set it to Processing automatically for digital products. I use it. PM for if you want more details.

Guest Trevor56

Hello,

I just ran another test for a digital download. The payment gateway is setup correctly (PayPal Standard), I am directed to the payment page, make payment, then I can click a button to return to the merchant, this works fine.

What I am not getting is either an email that has the download product link, or a download link on the storefront.

My email is correctly setup and tested, but CC is not able to send with it.

When I look on the Orders page in admin, the download link is not what was setup for the product.

Please advise.

It will also be automatic if you have set up your payment gateway correctly and the customer is returned automatically to the store.

Guest groovejuice

You need to have IPN set up correctly at PayPal. Once that is functional, you only need to ensure your email is functioning correctly and your links to the downloadable files are accurate. The "links" sent with the order emails are obfuscated and will not reflect the actual location of the files.

Guest Trevor56

I have IPN setup correctly, not sure about the email setup. Can someone help me on this, I have an email address I would like to use, but no SMTP for outgoing, it is web based email.

What are the correct settings for this?

Appreciate any help.

You need to have IPN set up correctly at PayPal. Once that is functional, you only need to ensure your email is functioning correctly and your links to the downloadable files are accurate. The "links" sent with the order emails are obfuscated and will not reflect the actual location of the files.

Guest Trevor56

Update on my situation.

1. The seller is receiving an email of a purchase.

2. The buyer is receiving an email of a purchase.

3. My email settings on CC are my business address and mail().

4. The seller still has to go into the CC control panel to set the order to processing.

5. They buyer never gets an email with a download link and never gets redirected back to the merchant.

I am assuming my email is working correctly, but my download link is set imporperly. Would this cause the IPN not to return to the merchant? Or is it the fact the order never goes to processing on its own?

Any advice appreciated.

CC 3.0.16

Guest Trevor56

Ok, I think I have this figured out, waiting on my client to change a setting on his paypal account, even though he has IPN enabled, his preferences is to manually accept or deny a payment :D

Thanks for everyones help so far.

Update on my situation.

1. The seller is receiving an email of a purchase.

2. The buyer is receiving an email of a purchase.

3. My email settings on CC are my business address and mail().

4. The seller still has to go into the CC control panel to set the order to processing.

5. They buyer never gets an email with a download link and never gets redirected back to the merchant.

I am assuming my email is working correctly, but my download link is set imporperly. Would this cause the IPN not to return to the merchant? Or is it the fact the order never goes to processing on its own?

Any advice appreciated.

CC 3.0.16

Guest Trevor56

I certainly will, and I have to admit, none of the help came from this forum or this site! There is no manual or users guide, so I had to go to a third party to get some help.

I will let you know if I get this working, but my post may not be nice, everyone here assumes everyone knows the full ins and outs of PayPal and directories and such; this forum is almost a waste of everyones times who is new to CubeCart.

Guest hardnut33

a bit harsh trev but there is some truth in your comments...

most people are helping in their own time for nowt though!...they are getting the same old questions time and time again from us..lol

I have been thinking for some time of suggesting a new forum for total newbies...but thats more time and work for guys who dont have enough to spare.

I know there is the pinned posts but sometimes even they are a little in-depth for the complete numbnut like me! and if you dont understand the lingo how do you know what to search for in the first place.

im also glad your on the road to getting the email working and i have made a note to PM Subten for the auto processing mod!

Sounds like you need more coffee Stevie...lol

Guest Trevor56

Hi Stevie68,

Sorry to have wasted your time, but I would like to point out the following :huh:

1. You mention a guide on the pinned posts, is that most common problems or paymanet gateway support?

Payment gateway support has nothing :) Most common problems has digital downloads notificaftion email guide for email settings, if you read this, it is for SMTP, and has people put a + in their login name, this is dependant on their hosting :) Not a hard fast rule.

Digital downloads how to setup is a 3rd party site and 3rd party information, which I mentioned has helped.

2. You stated this is not a gateway setup forum, I understand that, but you replied to an earlier post of mine "It will also be automatic if you have set up your payment gateway correctly and the customer is returned automatically to the store," (well, it is not when I posted this,) so are you into the gateway business? I know what you said, today I figured out the settings for payment prefrences, but you could have mentioned that. You could have also mention another setting which is the return to page... (NOT covered in the setup.)

I know I am taking up your time, but to write down a thought is not to much out of your day. I run two businesses myself, and I am trying to get this store running for a client. You see from my user name "newbie" so maybe that is a person who needs a little help :)

I understand you volunteer your time here, if I knew more, I would try to help new users as well, but I don't.

If CC had written a manual on use, that would have been a god send!

I had to go to a 3rd party to get help, and they have manuals for some parts of setup, sorry if I wasted your time!

I certainly will, and I have to admit, none of the help came from this forum or this site! There is no manual or users guide, so I had to go to a third party to get some help.

I will let you know if I get this working, but my post may not be nice, everyone here assumes everyone knows the full ins and outs of PayPal and directories and such; this forum is almost a waste of everyones times who is new to CubeCart.

This forum is for the support of CubeCart, not for PayPal. There is a guide to setting up PayPal in the Pinned Posts and its not our fault that you couldnt be bothered to read it or your inability to look within your CubeCart Admin panel. Posts like this really gets my goat, we all volunteer our time here to help people and the Moderators have gone to the trouble of creating Pinned Posts within each forum which answer 99% of the questions asked yet only 50% of people can be bothered to get off their backside and read them, instead they expect everything handed to them on a plate. :huh:

Im sorry that i took time out of running my three business to help you, rest assured it wont happen again :D

Guest Trevor56

Hi Hardnutt33,

Thank you for the suport and the comments, but just as you said, sometimes thier lingo is a bit much and we "newbies" (not hard to see, look at ar forum name!) is hard to understand.

I did not use Steves auto processing mod, another person told me that if IPN is enabled, the order will go through :D Waiting to test this.

I am a designer in Thailand, expat, and have to wait for my clent now to get to his home country to setup up the paypal correctly. I know I am very close to getting this resolved, no thanks to people like Steve :huh:

a bit harsh trev but there is some truth in your comments...

most people are helping in their own time for nowt though!...they are getting the same old questions time and time again from us..lol

I have been thinking for some time of suggesting a new forum for total newbies...but thats more time and work for guys who dont have enough to spare.

I know there is the pinned posts but sometimes even they are a little in-depth for the complete numbnut like me! and if you dont understand the lingo how do you know what to search for in the first place.

im also glad your on the road to getting the email working and i have made a note to PM Subten for the auto processing mod!

Sounds like you need more coffee Stevie...lol

Guest hardnut33

Come on guys...this is supposed to be a friendly forum!

Sometimes us newbies dont explain ourselves or our problems very well either! but you gotta be gratefull for all the help that given on here! I have found it a very valuable source and i wouldn't have been able to do ANYTHING without the people on here..(especially Stevie's LATE WIFE!!) she encouraged and helped me a lot when i first joined...

if steve is carrying on her work you gotta respect that, even if he hasnt been able to help you this time...

when you are searching for help trevor i think you can choose to go back 60 or 90 days and longer..that might help with results.

Guest Trevor56

Hi Hardnut33,

Yes, this is supposed to be a forum, people are accpected to take the bad answers with the good. I just pointed that out prviously, there is other 3rd party documentation that is so much more helpful than people on this forum.

To say it mildly, CC does not help anyone, they rely on forums and others to help.

Your help has been been appreciated.

Come on guys...this is supposed to be a friendly forum!

Sometimes us newbies dont explain ourselves or our problems very well either! but you gotta be gratefull for all the help that given on here! I have found it a very valuable source and i wouldn't have been able to do ANYTHING without the people on here..(especially Stevie's LATE WIFE!!) she encouraged and helped me a lot when i first joined...

if steve is carrying on her work you gotta respect that, even if he hasnt been able to help you this time...

when you are searching for help trevor i think you can choose to go back 60 or 90 days and longer..that might help with results.

I can see where you come from when you think some responses are harsh. I've only used CC for 10/11 months but I have regularly seen the same questions asked time and time again. Hence I can see why people might refer to you other topics/posts.

Yes there are a lot of 3rd party authors who have written excellent tutorials but there people are often the ones who will refer you to other topics, etc.

As for CC not helping anyone - the support they provide to customers is excellent. They have helped me sort issues many times that aren't necessarily CC issues.

A lot of the time you can find answers but sometimes it just takes some careful search strings and not the obvious ones.

As for getting Paypal to work I think I looked up about 5/6 different topics linking from one topic to another before I found a solution that works for our digital downloads.

Guest Trevor56

Yes, and I can see where that is confusing, have you read that thread?

What about the return ulr: RETURN URL: http://www.YOUR_WEBSITE_URL/confirmed.php

ors hould it be ...your website.../store/confirmed.php? I have not see that listed, although it has to be there since that is where the php files are :) Why not mention to the newbie this? Or is this too much out of your day?

This is what I mean about that lack of help here, every one assumes they are talking with a programmer.

PayPal IPN Setup Instructions - Written by my late wife :huh:

Hi Stevie68,

Sorry to have wasted your time, but I would like to point out the following :)

1. You mention a guide on the pinned posts, is that most common problems or paymanet gateway support?

Payment gateway support has nothing :)

This forum is for the support of CubeCart, not for PayPal. There is a guide to setting up PayPal in the Pinned Posts and its not our fault that you couldnt be bothered to read it or your inability to look within your CubeCart Admin panel. Posts like this really gets my goat, we all volunteer our time here to help people and the Moderators have gone to the trouble of creating Pinned Posts within each forum which answer 99% of the questions asked yet only 50% of people can be bothered to get off their backside and read them, instead they expect everything handed to them on a plate. :huh:

Im sorry that i took time out of running my three business to help you, rest assured it wont happen again :D

And this is support? What happened to a producer of a product making a product and having instructions on the product? I have settled on th eodea that this forum is no good for the average user, I have found resources elsewhere.

And since this is a strict forum :), I cannot tell other users where the resources are, so much for the forum idea...

Disappointed.

:)

As for getting Paypal to work I think I looked up about 5/6 different topics linking from one topic to another before I found a solution that works for our digital downloads.

Guest groovejuice

I understand that you are frustrated Trevor, but you have provided incomplete and inaccurate information and expect the good natured volunteers here to solve your issues in spite of it. For example, you specifically stated that your IPN at PayPal is set up properly. Turns out you were wrong. GIGO. The email issue is complicated since there are thousands of different server configurations and the settings will reflect those differences.

With all due respect, you should think carefully about taking on online shopping for a CLIENT with your admittedly limited experience. You shouldn't need to be spoon-fed an explanation of server paths for crying out loud.

Most people, including myself, have been helped immensely by these forums and your petulant comments are insulting to those who freely give their valuable time to assist others.

There is some validity in the comment about the lack of available documentation, and the inability to link directly to it outside this forum. Hopefully this will be addressed for the new release.

Rudeness and sarcasm are inappropriate in these forums and are contrary to the community spirit imbued in most every post here.

Guest Trevor56

I stated my IPN was corretly setup per the instructions on the admin panel, THEN, later I found outside documentation that mentions the return URL, that is NOT mentioned in the admin control panel. BIBO per the admin control panel. You only get GIGO if given the proper information :)

I did get the email working and I did state that, that is when I mentioned the possible problem with PayPal.

As for the server root path, outside documentation makes that very clear, the forum and cc assume too much, if this, and hundreds of other topics were so clear, why is there so many posts from people asking for help?

As some one stated earlier, a newbie may not now where to look, what terms to search for, and may think thay have something setup correct, but turns out they did not.

As far as my ability to set this up for a client is my business, you should stick to yours.

When I learn more about how this cart works, I have considered helping people here too, but so far most of the comments I have received about being spoon fed make me think twice. No one has answered with a complete procedure, I would like to provide that, and if that is spoon feeding, so be it :)

I understand that you are frustrated Trevor, but you have provided incomplete and inaccurate information and expect the good natured volunteers here to solve your issues in spite of it. For example, you specifically stated that your IPN at PayPal is set up properly. Turns out you were wrong. GIGO. The email issue is complicated since there are thousands of different server configurations and the settings will reflect those differences.

With all due respect, you should think carefully about taking on online shopping for a CLIENT with your admittedly limited experience. You shouldn't need to be spoon-fed an explanation of server paths for crying out loud.

Most people, including myself, have been helped immensely by these forums and your petulant comments are insulting to those who freely give their valuable time to assist others.

There is some validity in the comment about the lack of available documentation, and the inability to link directly to it outside this forum. Hopefully this will be addressed for the new release.

Rudeness and sarcasm are inappropriate in these forums and are contrary to the community spirit imbued in most every post here.

Guest Trevor56

I have run some further tests, PayPal is working 100% with seller and buyer both receiving emails to this efect from PayPal, PayPal returns to the site.

The link for the download product is working, I have viewed the order, copied the link to explorer and it opens with the image.

Now the one thing that is still missing is the email to the customer with the download link, I have tried many many combinations of the email setup in the General Settings section of the control panel, nothing seems to be working :D I have read the hundreds of posts here on email setup, some recommend mail() others SMTP.

My hosting service is fasthosts.com I have researched my mail setting with them and they do not provide an SMTP address, says provided by your ISP. My client does not have an ISP, as he travels all the time, so I decided to try the SMTP setup. I used my gmail account for the settings as per the gmail help page, this still did not work. CC gives a blank page then returns:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in e:\domains\p\phuketphotography.com\user\htdocs\store\classes\smtp.php on line 338

I used another web based email SMTP for anotehr setup, this did not work either :D

Is anyone using this hosting for their store and can you tell me if you are using mail() or SMTP and what the address may be? I have emailed fasthosts for guidance as well, still waiting on a reply.

Appreciate any assistance here :)