no redirect on digital download...

Guest Trevor56

Guest Trevor56

Yes, IPN is enabled and working from the PP side of it, not emails coming from my server.

I take it you are still using IPN?

I think I tried using IPN and couldn't get it to send the email. I then changed to PayPal Standard and found it works fine and emails get sent out ok.

So sorry I can't help you more but I didn't get IPN to work either. However, we have a solution that works perfectly for us :D

Guest Trevor56

Thanks for the helpful information on this, could you be any more vaque??? No info on what worked for you?

I have PM'd you with no reply, see, I guess this really is a secret, thank you for nothing :(

I think I tried using IPN and couldn't get it to send the email. I then changed to PayPal Standard and found it works fine and emails get sent out ok.

So sorry I can't help you more but I didn't get IPN to work either. However, we have a solution that works perfectly for us :D

Thanks for the helpful information on this, could you be any more vaque??? No info on what worked for you?

I have PM'd you with no reply, see, I guess this really is a secret, thank you for nothing :)

Sorry was at work so couldn't get access to my settings. I didn't get a PM from you otherwise I would have responded.

The gateway we use is PayPal Standard & IPN. Email address is the one in our PayPal and method we selected was Standard, not IPN.

As for our PayPal settings. IPN is turned off. Is there anything else I have missed?

Essentially they go from cart to paypal, pay and then press the button to return to merchant. Email with download link gets sent :)

Guest screw CC

Let me check, I quess I was banned :)

I have PM'd you with no reply, see, I guess this really is a secret, thank you for nothing :)

Sorry was at work so couldn't get access to my settings. I didn't get a PM from you otherwise I would have responded.

The gateway we use is PayPal Standard & IPN. Email address is the one in our PayPal and method we selected was Standard, not IPN.

As for our PayPal settings. IPN is turned off. Is there anything else I have missed?

Essentially they go from cart to paypal, pay and then press the button to return to merchant. Email with download link gets sent :)

I have run some further tests, PayPal is working 100% with seller and buyer both receiving emails to this efect from PayPal, PayPal returns to the site.

The link for the download product is working, I have viewed the order, copied the link to explorer and it opens with the image.

Now the one thing that is still missing is the email to the customer with the download link, I have tried many many combinations of the email setup in the General Settings section of the control panel, nothing seems to be working :) I have read the hundreds of posts here on email setup, some recommend mail() others SMTP.

My hosting service is fasthosts.com I have researched my mail setting with them and they do not provide an SMTP address, says provided by your ISP. My client does not have an ISP, as he travels all the time, so I decided to try the SMTP setup. I used my gmail account for the settings as per the gmail help page, this still did not work. CC gives a blank page then returns:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in e:\domains\p\phuketphotography.com\user\htdocs\store\classes\smtp.php on line 338

I used another web based email SMTP for anotehr setup, this did not work either :)

Is anyone using this hosting for their store and can you tell me if you are using mail() or SMTP and what the address may be? I have emailed fasthosts for guidance as well, still waiting on a reply.

Appreciate any assistance here :)

FASTHOSTS you will need to use a stand alone mail programe

They do not use SMTP.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PaulD

I would just like to say that the freely given advice by this forum has been excellent and is much appreciated.

I too have had some difficulty with digital downloads. After reading many posts I have fixed the problem and guess what, it was my fault. I am using SMTP and had wrong details.

I now cannot get the download link to work because the link is linking to the root rather than the /store/ to the download.php script. But I bet it is something I am doing wrong. I was upset to read the silly comments about this forum and cube cart. I think this is a valueable forum doing a difficult job. The 3rd party providers are superb (in my experience) and prices are more than fair, they are a bargain. I love the licence model of cube cart, and the code is written beautifully for someone like me to tinker with.

I think I have used customer support tickets once or twice, but generally all the answers are on this forum somewhere. After a year or so of open source blues, Cube Cart is a professional and flexible solution at the fraction of the cost of similar and less powerful commercial solutions. What's more, it is FREE if you leave the credits. Really, what can there possibly be to complain about.

I have much respect for the cube cart team and wish them all the best for the future. I hope they make millions and millions so that CC can continue to develop.

Thank you for all the free mods from 3rd parties and all the great advice available for free here. There are lots of us that don't post very often, but use answers and explanations given here on a regular basis. I shall now be off, after blabbing on for ages, to see if I can find the download link solution. I bet it won't take more than half an hour to find the problem, and I bet it is my fault in the first place!

Paul

PS The problem cc forum struggles with is the same as every forum. The problem is the volume of information and how to search that properly. A google search is usually more accurate/helpful than forum software searches in my experience.

EDIT: It took about 25 minutes before I discovered that I had changed my config.inc.php file whilst trying to fix my email problem. Now I have changed it back (the store url setting) everything is perfect. I have just downloaded my first mp3 - Yipeee!!! Thanks again to everyone!