Petradino.co.uk - Pimp my Shop!

Guest Petradino

Guest Petradino

Hello everyone,

I have had a first attempt at building a shop using Cubecart. I would be very grateful for any constructive feedback from your knowledge and experience, especially suggestions on improvements I could make to it.

Many thanks,

Will

Petradino.co.uk

I like this site alot, very cleean design with fewer box borders, and easy to read with darkgreen and black on white.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Subcat pictures are askew. Use a google search with this phrase: cubecart tutorials subcategory display fix

2. In the product list page (example: http://www.petradino.co.uk/minerals/l/cat_35.html ) you have the original stock blue color for alternate rows, and this doesn't look great with your design. I would suggest changing the color #EBEDFE into something like #EAFBD7 in your stylesheet(s)

3. While the view cart page works ok, it is only one column (FF2 browser) so it looks incongruent compared to the rest of the site, I would suggest keeping it two columns. Adding to incongruency of this page, an orange title bar in the table, gray rows whereas prod list rows use alternating colors

4. Your shopping cart box in header - you have retained the product listing in this box, but you have limited the height of that division and set the overflow to auto. Scrolling that area wasn't working great for me, but it does work. Another choiice you might consider would be to show only the number of items and the totals, and just leave the product list out. I guess it doesn't matter much. What does matter, is the links there were disappearing on rollover, I suppose the hover is set to white color or something, you should really change that.