Car Audio Site

Guest pshawny

Guest pshawny

I put together a shopping cart to match the existing website of a car audio store.

Existing Website, Synergy Audio

Shopping Cart

Here are a couple things I know need some work...

1) Page is to wide at 800x600, but that is how they have there main site. (nobody likes to scroll to see a page)

2) I need some different pictures. I don't like putting pictures with white backgrounds on a black background. (makes it look tacky)

3) The categories are just for example & I need to add pictures in place of the folders in the subcategory area.

I haven't integrated the shopping cart with their website just yet. I like to use my test site to tweak everything before handing it over.

Let me know what you guys think.

Guest pshawny

Looks very nice :huh:

I would suggest you change the category icon with a note :D

Thank you!

What do you mean by "with a note" ?

Guest degsey69

I agree with the rest

A couple of minor changes such as the folder and no image picture to what goes in line with the design of the cart.

Good work, I like it.

Degsey

Looks very nice :)

I would suggest you change the category icon with a note :)

Thank you!

What do you mean by "with a note" ?

Such as a Music note (Do, re, mi etc) :)

Search google for music note, it will come immediatly ;)

Guest Brivtech

Pictures page doesn't really work for me. I can see you're preloading in the larger images, but restricting their size, so they appear as thumbs, so when you click on them, the larger image opens up almost immediately.

I think it's reasonable to allow for the larger image to load, it's my person opinion that the way you're doing it spoils the page load, and also the image shrinking doesn't show the thumbnails very well. I would have created nice clean thumbnails, so the page loads quickly and looks better. I'd also have considered altering the compression on the larger images, perhaps making them a little larger in size, but smaller in file size, so they don't take too long to load. As it's supposed to be a gallery page, perhaps a gallery layout would have been better, with the main large image at top, and the thumbs underneath.

Guest pshawny

Pictures page doesn't really work for me. I can see you're preloading in the larger images, but restricting their size, so they appear as thumbs, so when you click on them, the larger image opens up almost immediately.

I think it's reasonable to allow for the larger image to load, it's my person opinion that the way you're doing it spoils the page load, and also the image shrinking doesn't show the thumbnails very well. I would have created nice clean thumbnails, so the page loads quickly and looks better. I'd also have considered altering the compression on the larger images, perhaps making them a little larger in size, but smaller in file size, so they don't take too long to load. As it's supposed to be a gallery page, perhaps a gallery layout would have been better, with the main large image at top, and the thumbs underneath.

I only worked on the shopping cart part of the site. The rest of the website was designed by someone else. I see what you're saying though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest a1cs

Good looking site

Fresh content and presented well. Nice skin, look and feel want to make visitors revisit. Well done. Full Marks from me.