Advice

hello all

calvin here

have a few problems here is a list i have

first is i have numerous traffic and no sales

second is i need to add some mods to store but don't know any way to do so

third is need to know how to get on top rank on google and yahoo search engine

with very low cost if any at all .

i need some folks that know code and all php etc. to take a look at the site and see what can be done

to make the site look more professional and all and not be loosing any rank that may be there now

thing is i am kind of confused at the issue cause i dont understand why im getting traffic but no sales folks even dont email me half the time to tell me what they need

so i also need to know is there a way to upload products in the store all at once and is there a way to do so what do i need to do on that ?

next the store domain is as follows http://www.cmsmallengines.net

im simply waiting to hear from you all o n this there is some extra features i want to add to store but dont know who to talk too on it

another thing is i try to do a test order on my store and i get a msg that says Your shopping cart is currently empty. when i click the view basket on the main page it shows a product in the cart but when i click on that tab it brings up that error msg anyone know what is causing this ???

God bless

calvin

First step as I've suggested to someone else recently - take a look at how your site (and pages from your site) show to search engines. There is a tool called Poodle Predictor at http://www.gritechnologies.com/tools/spider.go that will let you do this.

Then tweak your site until you get more keyword phrases in what the search engines grab.

Then work on building links thru exchanges, top lists, ect.

Personally, on a quick look at your site, I had no clue what you sold. Yes, I'm a woman so don't know anything about car parts, but putting what you do or sell in your title and keywords is always a good idea.

Hi Calvin,

I'll ignore the SEO aspect, Mysty has replied to that part of the equation.

I created a test purchase on your store, and it appeared to work fine.

One point to note - if your customer does not enter a correct shipping address, the UPS shipping calc displays an error (white screen, not very helpful). (I initially used "test" as the postal code)

$78 dollars shipping for 2 spark plugs to the UK is a bit steep though! lol I recommend double checking your shipping prices are actually correct (I can't really tell from here)

Check your server logs/stats to see how many people are getting to stage 4. Not many customers will email you if they have a problem, esp when they can get the products elsewhere.

I use Google Analytics and have set-up goals based on the cart stage. I've labeled them as something meaningful, and its a great help to see where I'm losing sales.

Check the colour scheme used- light green borders and light blue background with dark blue links don't look right to me.

Also, your product listings are out of alignment, so the description field has a short width yet there is quite a bit of space to the right of the table.

I'd personally check the logs and/or stats first - you may find something which will tell you where people are going.

Jason

First step as I've suggested to someone else recently - take a look at how your site (and pages from your site) show to search engines. There is a tool called Poodle Predictor at http://www.gritechnologies.com/tools/spider.go that will let you do this.

Then tweak your site until you get more keyword phrases in what the search engines grab.

Then work on building links thru exchanges, top lists, ect.

Personally, on a quick look at your site, I had no clue what you sold. Yes, I'm a woman so don't know anything about car parts, but putting what you do or sell in your title and keywords is always a good idea.

do you ever get test orders ? from folks cause i did today and someone in the uk according to the ip address