Australia post module

Hi

i have recently had Australia post Module added to my shop, the problem im having is no matter what the product is it will always show shipping as 7.20 for regular and 9.90 for express.

Some of the items i send cost up to 28.00 each australia post and the limit as you are aware is 20kg so how do i get the module to match my requirements?

Guest KGBelectronics

Hi

i have recently had Australia post Module added to my shop, the problem im having is no matter what the product is it will always show shipping as 7.20 for regular and 9.90 for express.

Some of the items i send cost up to 28.00 each australia post and the limit as you are aware is 20kg so how do i get the module to match my requirements?

Try different destinations. (FAAAAAAR AWAY)

Don't worry ... you're not the first.

Cheers,

Ken

Excellent advice that has worked wonders, for any others that have the same problem with Australia Post Module my advice is to make sure your weights are correct for your products and check your postage against orders already dispatched or sent through Aus post preiviously. If your cart doesnt charge the right amount of postage then change your postcode to somewhere distant from you. Bare in mind though with this module you will win some and you will loose some, some charges will be lower and might cost you a little out of your own pocket but others you will be ahead.

logo.gif

Guest KGBelectronics

Bare in mind though with this module you will win some and you will loose some, some charges will be lower and might cost you a little out of your own pocket but others you will be ahead.

Do you have some examples of this??? :P

The mod gets the pricing direct from the Australia Post website at http://drc.edeliver.com.au/. You can even check out how it works there.

If the prices are incorrect I suggest you take it up with Australia Post as they may not be aware of it.

Please keep us informed of your results.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest freifer

Bare in mind though with this module you will win some and you will loose some, some charges will be lower and might cost you a little out of your own pocket but others you will be ahead.

Do you have some examples of this??? :w00t:

The mod gets the pricing direct from the Australia Post website at http://drc.edeliver.com.au/. You can even check out how it works there.

If the prices are incorrect I suggest you take it up with Australia Post as they may not be aware of it.

Hi KGB

I sell items in my store which are greater than 20KG, there is anyway instead of displaying the over weight message, to allow the cart to proceed to other method of shipping, like " By Weight " or your Fastway ?. currently Auspost will override any other shipping method.

I understand that Auspost will only post a box with a maximum 20kg weight, but what about if i am posting the order in 2 boxes?

Can you please help.

Looking forward to hear from you.

• 2 months later...
Guest Netspot4u

Do you have some examples of this??? :)

Hi KGB

I sell items in my store which are greater than 20KG, there is anyway instead of displaying the over weight message, to allow the cart to proceed to other method of shipping, like " By Weight " or your Fastway ?. currently Auspost will override any other shipping method.

I understand that Auspost will only post a box with a maximum 20kg weight, but what about if i am posting the order in 2 boxes?

Can you please help.

Did this ever happen ? I would be keen on the solution also

Guest KGBelectronics

Do you have some examples of this??? :)

Hi KGB

Can you please help.

Did this ever happen ? I would be keen on the solution also

Anybody that needs a solution to this should PM me or send an email to ken at kgb dot com dot au.

Advertising is not permitted in this forum.

Anyone having specific requirements for Aus Post would be well advised to email me promptly so we can discuss special needs.

There will be a short delay with the solution to this (regardless of who does it) as Australia Post are in a transition period while introducing some new eCommerce related services.

In true OzPost fashion it looks like they'll completely stuff it up and make it unworkable for the masses so any suggestions will benefit all of us in the long run.

The Fastway module should coexist with the Aus Post module but if you are getting thrown out due to the overweight issue I would suggest disabling the overweight message in the mod by removing the following lines:

header("Location: noauship.php?act=overWeight");

exit;

and replacing with 

unset($module);

Haven't tried this but it should work .... please post back here for the sake of others if you try it.

Have since tried this and it works. See two posts down from here

The other issue is that OzPost drc has been going offline for extended periods (rendering Bens mod useless) so a solution to this is also in the pipeline. Dont do what I did and spend hours looking for why things got suddenly broken only to later (3 hours) find that Oz Post are not responding to calls from the mod.

Another issue that has cropped up is the increasing number of hosting admins (most of whom probably aren't old enough to ride a bicycle) limiting access to data from external (http) calls originating in php scripts. If you come across one of these just smile at them and find a new hosting company ASAP ... it will only get worse as they find more settings to play with. They claim it's in the interest of security .... :D

Cheers,

Ken

Guest KGBelectronics

OK folks,

I've just tried it out using the Fastway, TNT and Australia Post mods and it works with the suggested change (my previous post). It even works with FedEx added in there for good measure and is compatible with "Z ship 4 free" mod (but NOT "Free Shipping" from CubeCart).

This change by the way is in the modules/shipping/Aus_Post/calc.php file

PLEASE when testing it remember the following limitations:

• Oz Post maximum weight is 20kg - the change eliminates the overweight lockout but not the underweight one so make sure that ALL your products have the weight set correctly (tangible ones that is)
  • Fastway have a maximum weight of 25kg (or more if your Fastway rep is really friendly)
  • TNT dont seem to have a max weight - or at least the mod doesnt
  • ENSURE that any testing is done with valid destinations. The Fastway and TNT mods will reject imaginary addresses
  • Australia Post postcode must be valid and the mod setup correctly
  • Some of the mods included with CubeCart eg Free shipping will interfere with correct operation if also enabled. Why you would want to do this is beyond me but ....

For further information you can contact me direct at ken at kgb dot com dot au

Cheers

Ken

• 1 year later...
Guest humm4r

Howdy all,

trying to locate the download for aust post module for v 3.0.18........

any assistance would be appreciated...

Hum

• 2 months later...
Guest SuperJuice

Howdy all,

trying to locate the download for aust post module for v 3.0.18........

any assistance would be appreciated...

Hum

Click on KGB's profile and follow the link. It can be downloaded from his site for free (after going through a few hoops).

This leads me to my next question, does KGB now support this module and release updates? or are you just hosting it for downloads now that it seems to no longer be supported (all contact information in the module itself is stale).

I have found a potential security issue in this module and was interested who I should send the details to (current maintainer?). I have written fixes for it, but would prefer to contact the current maintainer rather than disclosing the details here.

Was the maintenance/support of this module ever formally handed over? or did you pick it up KGB because it was unmaintained?

Cheers.