bring Madelin home

burgensteen

Hey guys and gals,

Why doesnt everyone who thinks its a good cause put the clickable banner from bringmadeleinehome.com/news/ on their CC site and any other they may have, but think about it all the CC sites in this forum with the banner on them, thats a lot of help going towards a good cause.

I urge you all to consider it at least. :P

Burgensteen (Jon)

Guest Brivtech

While I appreciate the sympathies, I really don't think this is the place to be discussing this. Perhaps it'll stay, I'm not going to make that decision.

To be honest, I have a conflict over this. While I can appreciate the guilt that the parents must be going through, and the pain and suffering it's causing them, I can't excuse the fact that they left the children alone with the door unlocked. This is a dangerous world we live in, and being a parent is a total complete full time responsibility. I can't help feeling that parenting these days is seen as more of a chore, and an inconvenience. Perhaps this is why society is leaving parents in old age homes to shrivel up and die. I don't think parents are doign their job, otherwise why would kids be on the street comitting crimes, and getting Asbos. I believe respect is disappearing from society, and it's creating terrible things. What awful lives some people have.

Despite my opinions about the parents, I feel terrible sadness about the girl. I have a horrible feeling of too much being done too late.

Brivtech ,I wasnt there so I cant comment on what did or did not happen, all I know is what the media is saying (which I take with a pinch of salt) and am not after starting a debate, just want to see a little girl get back to her parents (& a link on a CC website costs nothing). It may not bring her back but it shows willing.

Thankyou for not being the one to remove the link, I for one very much appreciate it.

Guest Brivtech

What about all the other missing children?

http://missingkids.co.uk/missingkids/servl...GB&PageId=0

In the USA, it's even worse! http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/children/action.html

What good is all of this when the problem is so big? Why does one child deserve all the attention and media coverage when all the missing children should be getting it.

I'm not trying to belittle your efforts, in fact, I think they are honourable, however, I like to keep things in perspective.

Like I say, I dont want to get caught up in the politics and am keping my own views out of it, just want to do the right thing.

You cant solve all the problems in the world but you can have a damn good try (especially when it costs nothing).

Guest timtam

I have to agree with Brivtechs comments on this. Whilst I feel for this little girl and I desperately hope that she is found and is safely returned to her parents, I also feel that there are so many other children born in to poverty and bad family situations that are forced to live on the streets and are resorting to desperate acts just to survive that are not getting the same consideration. The plights of these children seem to have been forgotten except for the numerous charity organisations that work tirelessly behind the scenes that we never hear much about. I would rather see ongoing banners promoting these charity organisations that help ALL of our children, rather than singling out the plight of just one child. :D

I have some very strong opinions on the actions of these parents, but at the end of the day, no one can condemn them more harshly than they would be condemning themselves right now. We can only hope that she is found alive and safe.

I am just trying to help.

If you feel nobody is helping them then why not get involved yourselves with these orginisations like i am trying to do ? instead of trying to find fault with situations in the world................... try and help solve some of them.

Guest timtam

If you feel nobody is helping them then why not get involved yourselves with these orginisations like i am trying to do ? instead of trying to find fault with situations in the world................... try and help solve some of them.

You are assuming that we don't already, and it is never wise to assume unless you have all of the facts.

I know you are trying to help, and I think it is a wonderful thing and your heart is in the right place. However, millions of dollars have already been donated to this cause, primarily by Becks and JK Rowling. Unfortunately, I don't think that all the money or advertising in the world is going to help this little girl now. We live in a truly despicable world at times, and this situation highlights that fact. Let us only hope that the people behind this are caught and then tried in a country that still allows capital punishment.

Guest Brivtech

Well, you're not alone trying to help, and that's a reassuring thought that Humanity is very much still alive.

I'm already involved with a charity organisation that specifically helps children. There are just so many causes in the world, for so many different things, I personally think that giving a child a good chance in life to then go on and help more people is certainly worthy of my attention. I don't give money to any other charity. Apart from being a good excuse to fob other charity people off, especially at Christmas, it's also a very worthy cause.

I think all companies can do a little more in terms of corporate social responsibility, and a lot more as to considering where the resources should be directed, and how they will be distributed. If not for good public relations and esteem, it's actually going to benefit someone and make their life better at the end of the day. We have much sadness in the world, and we have a long way to go before any impact is made.

Guys, this is the last post I will make in this forum as I think it’s deviating from the whole point of my original post:

Why doesn’t everyone who thinks it’s a good cause put the clickable banner from bringmadeleinehome.com/news/ on their CC site and any other they may have, but think about it all the CC sites in this forum with the banner on them, that’s a lot of help going towards a good cause.

I urge you all to consider it at least.

I am not making demands on anybody or assuming anything, just asking people who want to, to help the cause.

I must admit I am a bit bemused about the responses made to my original post!!!! I only wanted to ask CCers who think it is a good cause to consider it!!!! I didn’t want to go down the road of personal opinions or assumptions and apologize if I have offended anyone, this was not my intension.

Maybe this has highlighted a possible consideration for a group to get together and put some form of communal charitable website, with rotational causes ( I only say this as there are so many).

Brivtech, if there is anything I can do t help your charity work please feel free to PM me, I too do something similar but for Breast cancer and trying to get involved with NACC (national association for Crohns & Colitis) and trying to get a client involved with sponsor a child on their website for a reduction in fee at present.

Thanks to all who have put the link on their sites :(