Products Instead of Categories In Navigation

Guest Jordan06

Guest Jordan06

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me here, I have a client who wishes to have seperate links to products in the cart navigation rather than having categories. Can someone please let me know which file I need to edit to have this working, and provide me with the modified code and direct me to where I need to place it.

Basically what I am after is:

Navigation

Product Link --> links directly to product description and add to basket etc

Product Link --> links directly to product description and add to basket etc

If someone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Jordan

I'm not sure this is what you want, but this will make your store a catalogue so that when someone clicks on the new Catalogue link it will display every product in your store.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Step 1 : Open includes/content/viewCat.inc.php

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Find :

} elseif($_GET['catId']=="saleItems" && $config['saleMode']>0) {

$productListQuery = "SELECT ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id, ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId, productCode, quantity, description, image, price, name, popularity, sale_price, stock_level, useStockLevel FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx INNER JOIN ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory ON ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId = ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory.productId WHERE sale_price > 0 GROUP BY ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory.productId";

After Add:

} elseif($_GET['catId']=="catalogue") {

$productListQuery = "SELECT * FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory";

$view_cat->assign("LANG_IMAGE",$lang['front']['viewCat']['']);

Find :

if(file_exists($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_".$productResults[$i]['image'])){

$view_cat->assign("SRC_PROD_THUMB",$GLOBALS['rootRel']."images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_".$productResults[$i]['image']);

} else {

$view_cat->assign("SRC_PROD_THUMB",$GLOBALS['rootRel']."skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleImages/thumb_nophoto.gif");

}

Replace with :

if(!$_GET['catId']=="catalogue"){

if(file_exists($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_".$productResults[$i]['image'])){

$view_cat->assign("SRC_PROD_THUMB",$GLOBALS['rootRel']."images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_".$productResults[$i]['image']);

} else {

$view_cat->assign("SRC_PROD_THUMB",$GLOBALS['rootRel']."skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleImages/thumb_nophoto.gif");

}

}

Find :

$view_cat->assign("LANG_IMAGE",$lang['front']['viewCat']['image']);

Replace with :

if(!$_GET['catId']=="catalogue"){

$view_cat->assign("LANG_IMAGE",$lang['front']['viewCat']['image']);

}

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Step 2 : Open skins/YOURSKIN/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Find : <li class="bullet"><a href="index.php" class="txtDefault">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

After Add : <li class="bullet"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&catId=catalogue" class="txtDefault">Catalogue</a></li>