Karen's Cookies

Guest maksum

Guest offthehook

I think your site looks amazing. You've obviously put in a lot of work, not just on the design but on SEO and it should hopefully pay off.

On the technical side of things, your site doesn't validate for valid HTML and fails Section 508. I'd advise you to maybe lose the tables for the design makeup and use lists for the menus. You could also use HTML header tags (h1, h2 etc.) which help with some of the search engines. There is also an SEO mod I would recommend.

The links to the sitemaps at the bottom are unnecessary for users and you should look at hiding these, or getting developer accounts with Google and Yahoo so you can submit them directly to the search engines.

I would also recommend a couple of well-known mods to improve your cart and allow unregistered customers to buy from you and generally speed up the checkout process.

As I said the site looks fantastic, and with a few improvements to the structure you'll take full advantage of SEO and see a better return on your efforts.

Guest maksum

I think your site looks amazing. You've obviously put in a lot of work, not just on the design but on SEO and it should hopefully pay off.

On the technical side of things, your site doesn't validate for valid HTML and fails Section 508. I'd advise you to maybe lose the tables for the design makeup and use lists for the menus. You could also use HTML header tags (h1, h2 etc.) which help with some of the search engines. There is also an SEO mod I would recommend.

The links to the sitemaps at the bottom are unnecessary for users and you should look at hiding these, or getting developer accounts with Google and Yahoo so you can submit them directly to the search engines.

I would also recommend a couple of well-known mods to improve your cart and allow unregistered customers to buy from you and generally speed up the checkout process.

As I said the site looks fantastic, and with a few improvements to the structure you'll take full advantage of SEO and see a better return on your efforts.

Thanks. I'm very interested in your recommendations for specific mods. I've had my eye on a few mods related to those you've recommended.

I hid the sitemaps as recommended. Really the only table I have is necessary for the specific drop-down menu script I'm using. Beyond that I have a little table at the bottom to hold those footer graphics, but I can ditch that easily I'm sure.

Very nice and professional design. However, on a wide screen, it sits on the left side, which I find distracting. Having the layout centered on the screen would be better for me.

The amount of content is also good, giving people a good reason to come back to your site.

The only suggestion I could possibly give would be to give your visitors a page that gives more (or stronger) reasons to sign up to your mailing list. The side-block gives a hint that there would be more hints, tips, and such provided through mail, but many people may assume that they will be same as what's already on the site.

Having people on a mailing list is a very powerful means of marketing when you release new products, or want to promote other people's products for commissions.

The only 'trick' to making a mailing list work is to provide more useable content than advertising. And if you can present your advertising as useable content, so much the better.

Guest maksum

Very nice and professional design. However, on a wide screen, it sits on the left side, which I find distracting. Having the layout centered on the screen would be better for me.

Great tip on creating a page for the mailing list. I will certainly put that on our to-do list.

I've had this centered from day-one... until I discovered that if they resize their window, my drop-down menus don't reload their location and they get all screwed up. I bet someone who knows what they're doing could fix it in 2 minutes. As soon as I find a solution for that I will center it again.

Thanks!

Mike

I've had this centered from day-one... until I discovered that if they resize their window, my drop-down menus don't reload their location and they get all screwed up. I bet someone who knows what they're doing could fix it in 2 minutes. As soon as I find a solution for that I will center it again.

If you change the menu to CSS, you wont have this problem. It wouldn't take that long to do either.