backup database

Guest ukmgranger

Guest ukmgranger

Hi there!

My first site and my first post - please be gentle!

I have installed and modded CC here and I now want to move it to the root of my directory so that people get straight there when they type in 'www.2degreesclothing.com'.

Question 1:

Using phpMyAdmin, how do I backup my entire database (if it is even possible with this)?

Question 2:

Do I need to do a fresh install of CC in the root dir of my host and then point it at the database I already have?

Question 3:

Can I then just copy my backed up (site/ftp) files over the newly installed files to complete the process (I think this step may be a little more complex than this?!?)

Thanks in advance

Mart

You can simply move your files to the root directory and edit your includes global.inc file to update the new path to your store.

As for backing up from phpMyAdmin, it's quite simple. Open your database and click on the 'Export' button at the top of the main window. make sure you select all of your tables, then scroll down a bit and choose 'save as file'. Leave the default as SQL, then click 'Go'. It will download your database.

If you ever need to restore your database, you can open your database, select all the tables and 'Drop' them which will empty your database. You can then import your backed up database using the sql command from phpMyAdmin.

Guest ukmgranger

There is also a great tutorial in the Pinned Posts :)

I'm sure my search didn't turn anything up! Then again, it was 3am when I did it. I probably had my eyes shut. :)

Thanks for the info roban. Really useful. I'll try it all later.