Second Attempt

Guest yoursite

Guest yoursite

Hi There

this is my second attempt to get a nice looking and working store. i have just made the store live. so what do i need to change to make it better??

if you want to place a test order u can just place test order in the comments box and select instore payment.

Thanks

Guest midwest

Hi There

this is my second attempt to get a nice looking and working store. i have just made the store live. so what do i need to change to make it better??

if you want to place a test order u can just place test order in the comments box and select instore payment.

Thanks

Ok Yoursite, Remeber you asked.

First- Design is ok. Could be better. Check out some other sites that sell the same thing and get some ideas.

Second- Check your spelling. I am bad about this and have to triple check myself all the time. Also check your font's. You can certainly use different ones, but limit the Bold and italics. It will take some trial and error but you'll get it :)

Third -WAY to much whitespace. Especially with the bright Purple. Try adding a backround to soften things up. There are many websites to download freeby backrounds. You can even make one yourself if you have some material or fancy paper and a scanner.

You really only need to apply it to the sides and maybe the top. I would leave the center area white.

You will have to go to CC Skins/Templates forum and ask how to add it. Sorry I can't help you there.

Also on the subject of color- the purple in the Product listings is to much for my taste. Try toning it down to a softer shade(s), or a complimentary color.

Lastly- I would definatly consider a better page header. I know of someone here that designs them. PM me if you would like the info.

I know getting the store up and running is always a thrill, but remember that first impressions are everything. It doesn't have to be fancy, but it does need to look professional.

You do have things very well organized and easy to find. Product detail Pages are clean, to the point and easy to read.

You have a good start. Don't be in a rush. Take your time, and you will end up with a website you and your customers will love !

midwest <_<