"latest products" thumb size

Guest sendoh23

Guest sendoh23

hi,

i was wondering if theres any way to increase the size of the thumb prints(products) displayed on the "latest products" section on the index page.

Thanks

Guest sendoh23

hi,

i was wondering if theres any way to increase the size of the thumb prints(products) displayed on the "latest products" section on the index page.

Thanks

hmm i tried changing the above attributes but there doesn't seems to have any difference on the thumb images

function size_custom($width=150, $height=150)

{

// custom

$this->img["width_thumb"] = $width;

$this->img["height_thumb"] = $height;

}

function size_width($size=150)

{

// width

$this->img["width_thumb"]=$size;

@$this->img["height_thumb"] = ($this->img["width_thumb"]/$this->img["width"])*$this->img["height"];

}

function size_height($size=150)

{

// height

$this->img["height_thumb"]=$size;

@$this->img["width_thumb"] = ($this->img["height_thumb"]/$this->img["height"])*$this->img["width"];

}

function size_auto($size=150)

{

// size automatically

if ($this->img["width"]>=$this->img["height"])

{

$this->img["width_thumb"]=$size;

@$this->img["height_thumb"] = ($this->img["width_thumb"]/$this->img["width"])*$this->img["height"];

}

else

{

$this->img["height_thumb"]=$size;

@$this->img["width_thumb"] = ($this->img["height_thumb"]/$this->img["height"])*$this->img["width"];

}

}

1. Actually, you can change this in the store general settings without editing files manuall, look under GD settings.

2. Whether you change it there or directly inn a file, it will have no effect on existing thumbnails at your store. It will not automatically affect existingthumbs, what it will do is change the size of any new thumbs that GD creates when you update any product :sourcerer:

If you do some searching here, you will find other discussion often over the years to help you along. In short, you can go through and edit prods one-by-one to allow the thumbs to be recreated, or you can re-create thumbs in the size you want on your own pc, name them properly, and upload them all at once via ftp. There are a few other variations on how to handle this, too.

Guest sendoh23

1. Actually, you can change this in the store general settings without editing files manuall, look under GD settings.

2. Whether you change it there or directly inn a file, it will have no effect on existing thumbnails at your store. It will not automatically affect existingthumbs, what it will do is change the size of any new thumbs that GD creates when you update any product :sourcerer:

If you do some searching here, you will find other discussion often over the years to help you along. In short, you can go through and edit prods one-by-one to allow the thumbs to be recreated, or you can re-create thumbs in the size you want on your own pc, name them properly, and upload them all at once via ftp. There are a few other variations on how to handle this, too.

those thumb images under "latest products" are resized automatically and placed there ya?

if i wanna change it, i need to change the image size one by one?

hmm theres no one code whereby i can jus set the percentage of the thumb image whereby the shopping cart will automatically resize the thumb images?

Wow, I thought I was clear . . .

YES, your product images are resized to thumbnails, when you add a product or edit one, and you assign an image to the product. When the product is edited or updated, GD is invoked automatically to create thumbnails of your images.

The size of the thumbs thus created is set by you in your ACP, under Store Config > General Settings > GD settings

In that place you will find a text box where you may enter a number. This number will represent the longest side dimension of your thumbnails (the short side will be calculated in proportion to the original, to prevent distortion).

Once a product is added or edited, if it has an image assigned to it, a thumnail of that image is created. The thumbnail is store in images/uploads/thumbs

Those thumbnails are then used in product lists, randomProd (featured product) box, and latest products.

Changing this setting in ACP does not cause GD to go back and retroactively re-create all the thumbs in the new size.

There is a great deal of info about this in many posts. Hope you understand now how this works; GD does not create latest product images on the fly, rather CubeCart uses the thumbs that already reside in images/uploads/thumbs folder.

Guest sendoh23

Wow, I thought I was clear . . .

YES, your product images are resized to thumbnails, when you add a product or edit one, and you assign an image to the product. When the product is edited or updated, GD is invoked automatically to create thumbnails of your images.

The size of the thumbs thus created is set by you in your ACP, under Store Config > General Settings > GD settings

In that place you will find a text box where you may enter a number. This number will represent the longest side dimension of your thumbnails (the short side will be calculated in proportion to the original, to prevent distortion).

Once a product is added or edited, if it has an image assigned to it, a thumnail of that image is created. The thumbnail is store in images/uploads/thumbs

Those thumbnails are then used in product lists, randomProd (featured product) box, and latest products.

Changing this setting in ACP does not cause GD to go back and retroactively re-create all the thumbs in the new size.

There is a great deal of info about this in many posts. Hope you understand now how this works; GD does not create latest product images on the fly, rather CubeCart uses the thumbs that already reside in images/uploads/thumbs folder.

thanks for the info man

i get wat u mean now :huh: