Logo

Guest doobaadoo

Guest doobaadoo

Hi,

i have been looking at ordering a skin for my store. on some of the options on some skins it has add you own logo and then about a £10 charge. Am i missing some thing here or is it just replacing the topHeader file with your logo?

Hi,

i have been looking at ordering a skin for my store. on some of the options on some skins it has add you own logo and then about a £10 charge. Am i missing some thing here or is it just replacing the topHeader file with your logo?

That is assuming there is a 'topHeader'. Those skins that are just alterations of the shipped skins, then yes. But a lot of skins are not, and it can take time to alter a logo image to fit in with the skin. You're not paying for the difficulty of adding the logo, you're paying for the time it can take to do a quality job. And it can take a customer sometime to work out how the images in a skin are used.

With regards to the person charging £45... ask what it includes as I very much expect it's not just a case of replacing one image.

You're not missing a thing

so there ripping people off. i found one which charged £45 !

LOL, you are making a lot of assumptions there. I have no doubt that there are third-party sources who rip people off, but I also know many who are ethical in my opinion. As to pricing, that is determined usually by the market. Designer labor rates multiplied by the time it takes to procure a customer's logo and edit a skin and connect to their server and upload and install when applicable - well, suffice it to say that if you can do it yourself, you will save money, whereas if you prefer to pay a skilled professional it will cost money.

I would really suggest that to discuss third party pricing, ethical issues, etc. you post in a third-party forum rather than the official support forum. The discussion really doesn't belong here, I think, but happy to share my two cents. :) There is a third-party forum link in my sig

Guest doobaadoo

Ok sorry i thought it was just replacing the topheader file. When you buy templates and it says you can edit them in photoshop is that a good thing? Does that mean it is much easier to edit?

thanks

Ok sorry i thought it was just replacing the topheader file. When you buy templates and it says you can edit them in photoshop is that a good thing? Does that mean it is much easier to edit?

thanks

It depends if you have Photoshop, and if you've ever used Photoshop.

Guest degsey69

I thought the more expensive logo charges were for a creation of a new unique one not just puting an excisting one in the top header.

Degsey

@ Degsey, who knows? You would have to visit every third-party site imaginable to discover what each one is doing.

As I wrote above, a lot of assumptions are being made, but it boils down to market demand. Some people can create and install their own logos, and others pay people to do it for them. Depends largely on the labor rate of the person doing the work, I would think. Just stands to reason :P