NEED HELP TRANSFERING CC

Ok all I need some help..

I have recently copy my entire store because I am goinmg to be offering a place for my vendors to shop at wholesale prices.

I am basically mirroring the store minus the retail prices and customer information..

I noticed that when i was about to start changing prices in the vendor side that it kept going back to my "retail" admin

I have pinpointed the problem to the links in files that refer to index.php and whatever other files have to do with the store?

What I need to do is change the necessary links to example /vendor/index.php

but I dont know how many files and which ones have these necessary links on them for the navigational part of the cart? can someone give me a list of files I should alter so it all refers to my vendor folder portion of the cart? or should i just go through every file one by one and change all links i find and add the /vendor to the front of the link?

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE LESS WORK FOR MYSELF...

LOL

:-)

Ed

All the references to files / data in your db will be using the old server address. If it is an exact copy then it will have entrys like site: www.domain.com which would be fine, but you have moved the db from domain to domain2.com so obviously it will look back at your old store.

Try sifting through the db using phpmyadmin or something.

Could be the problem.

Paul

Well if both the sites are on the same server then your new site is fetching values from the old database.

So edit admin/config.php first and change the database values there, now login to the admin section of new site and change site URL and Directory path in Settings section.