Help! Can't access CC store

Guest framesti

Guest framesti

I have uploaded the CubeCart "Upload" folder files to a "store" folder which is under my URL root directory. When I attempt to access www.yourlicenseframe.com/store I get the infamous Error 404 URL not found. I can access my website OK, but that's it, can't get to the CC area. Did I put the "store"folder in the wrong place?

Any suggestions or solutions extremely welcomed.

LEn

Guest framesti

From your post it sounds like you uploaded the "upload" folder into another folder called "store"? If that is the case then you need to re read the installation instructions, they tell you to upload the contents of the "upload" folder into another folder called "store". The easiest way to do this is to upload the "upload" folder to your domain and then rename it to "store". You then need to navigate to the installation directory which will be:

www.yourlicenseframe.com/store/install/index.php and follow the instructions.

Stevie; I actually did upload the contents of the CC upload folder to the folder I created called "store". Is that OK? I tried to access the URL you gave me, same result. If I go to Fantastico is there a place in the install I can skip to or do I need to do this all over again. Sure would like to get this shoppiing cart up and running.

Thanks, Len

I actually did upload the contents of the CC upload folder to the folder I created called "store".

I messed up once on an FTP upload of my store - my FTP client has a setting that forces all transferred names to lowercase. If your FTP client has this setting, make sure it is not set. These *nix servers are picky about upper/lower case file and directory names.

Maybe /store/index.php is being found, but there's nothing else gonna work if the file/directory names got changed, even by lettercase.

Guest xtremex

>>>Please read the rules about advertising.<<<

Warning increase

This is the 4th warning.

Edited by xtremex

Guest framesti

You certainly did do the right thing. If you are having problems installing manually then it might be worth deleting the current install and trying it just through Fantastic as its just one click and your done :P

OK Stevie, I deleted my "store" folder from my root directory, and am starting the Fantastico install. Right at the beginning they ask for "Admin Full Name". What do they want here? Thanks

Len

Guest framesti

Yep, its just asking for your full name.

Stevie, I thought I removed what needed to be removed but I got this while trying to install "The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain."

Where do I look to find this "script" to remove It? The install says to browse back to see errors but I can't find anything? Please help.

Len

Guest framesti

Len,

Are you doing a manual installation or doing it through Fantastic on your hosting package?

If you are doing it through Fantastico then its likely that the Fantastico script is still in your root, look for a file called fantversion.php. If that is there then go back to your Hosting Control Panel, click on Fantastico and go through the motions to delete the installation.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I'm doing it through Fantastico. Is there a search function in filezilla or any way to look for a file by name? I'll try to do what you said.

Len

Guest framesti

The file will be in the root, click on public_html and you will see it towards the bottom, however it is best to uninstall via Fantastico first :(

Tried that, didn't work, more errors. What files or folders do I have to delete to get a clean start all over again. Very frustrating. Fantastico

LEn