Error when allowing admin to modify shipping

craigfh

I have setup my client with an admin account with minimum access. I have given him access to the shipping and it shows as available but when he tries to get into shipping it says

Error 401: You do not have permission to access that page. Please ask one of the super users to grant this for you.

He is setup in shipping to Read, Write, Edit and Delete.

Does anyone know what is going on? The version we are running is 3.0.15..

thanks

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Makes

I have got the identical problem. I can only assume this is a Cubecart bug. I'm running version 3.0.16.

I have installed a 'stock levels for product options' mod but can't see that affecting the permissions.

Can anyone help with this?

Guest Brivtech

Well, this line:

if(permission("settings","read")==FALSE){

header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['rootRel']."admin/401.php");

exit;

}

found in admin/modules/index.php is where the logic is checking to see if the user permission is correct or not.

As a quick fix, delete the above code, or comment it out (Place a /* before and a */ after), so it's there for future reference.

However, note that this will effectively allow this module to become accessible to anyone.

In the mean time, I'm going to look into permissions more. Hopefully someone else may shed some light on them until I get more information.

Well, this line:

if(permission("settings","read")==FALSE){

exit;

}

found in admin/modules/index.php is where the logic is checking to see if the user permission is correct or not.

As a quick fix, delete the above code, or comment it out (Place a /* before and a */ after), so it's there for future reference.

However, note that this will effectively allow this module to become accessible to anyone.

In the mean time, I'm going to look into permissions more. Hopefully someone else may shed some light on them until I get more information.

Yea good idea. I see a slight bug here. With read permissions to the settings, I can change settings in the general settings. :whistle:

Guest Makes

I don't want the client to see the rest of the 'settings' so changing to read is not an option unfortunately. I am adapting the code to totally hide the links that the user has no permissions for. Any further help is much appreciated.

Guest Makes

I've just changed the code to

if(permission("shipping","read")==FALSE){

exit;

}

I would be surprised if this fixed it for all but seems to have solved my immediate problem :-)