Would like to move copyright notice up

Guest SDRJ

Guest SDRJ

I understand we cannot change the copyright as per the pinned notice but for the life of me I cannot find out how to move the copyright notice and the pinned topic does state you can move it

3. Can I change the position/style of the footer text.

Yes - You may move this and change the colour or the text using CSS only to make the look and feel of your store.

I really need to move this up due to the fact that my skin has vertical left and right borders and the copyright stops my borders from reaching the bottom of browser window (see screenie to understand what I mean)

Any help appreciated

Guest SDRJ

The best way is to purchase a license, the copyright will disappear then :)

Or you can add styling to style.css to make the appended copyright look like it is part of the general store background.

yep .. i am 80% convinced to purchase a licence but am still experimenting

as for using css to move the copyright ... yes it will but it goes all screwy .. e.g 2nd copyright line goes into/overwrites the top line and so thought would ask if there was a way

ok .. have to rethink design .. which means have to redesign my whole website which is really not an option

final question:

how do you paste code (html/php) into the Doc files (about us, contact us etc etc).

I already have those pages created on my site so have tried copying the html etc into those pages and unable to (seems you cannot paste when in the 'source view' mode) .. take it this is also impossible to do (I know could probably make the current links go to the pages already created on my site but thought would ask if can paste html/php files first before taking that step ?

I know they may just be little niggly matters to some but to me they are important

Guest SDRJ

Use CTRL-c to copy, and CTRL-v to paste when in the text editor source mode :)

thanks .. but .. works with html but not php

it places the code in there but after click 'update document' it just reverts the php back to the default text

strange have to do it that way instead of the usual 'copy and paste' method (right click etc)

nope .. tried all that

it places the code in there but after click 'update document' it just reverts back to the default text

That's the homepage... search the forum for home.inc.php.

Guest SDRJ

nope .. tried all that

it places the code in there but after click 'update document' it just reverts back to the default text

That's the homepage... search the forum for home.inc.php.

homepage ... for contact us page ... thats where I need to add php file ??

not to worry .. will have to find another solution

thanks for all your help Robsta

Actually, big part of the problem is php in the XTemplate files system. PHP is disallowed in XTemplate (which is xhtml with .tpl extension) and this is by design. It is cleaner coding. PHP is used in store core files, but not in skin files. This is why you are having trouble.

Don't get frustrated. You have two options: 1. Code your php into a core file, like siteDocs.inc.php, or 2. Look for the commercial mod, Hide-show-order site docs anywhere. As a designer, you will appreciate the freedom it gives you in manipulating site docs - and also, it gives you the option of making any site doc a php doc, an html doc, or a wysiwyg editor doc . . .

As usual, there are many ways to solve your problem with CubeCart, as you can learn a cleaner way of coding, purchase a very powerful third-party mod, or write your own mod. Life is grand <sigh> :blink:

Guest SDRJ

all the above sounds very confusing for the non coder .. but will have to look into this very carefully as I appear to be causing more problems as time goes on than it is going to be worth ... have just found another problem which is doing my head in ... I get design looking ok except so far for 2 areas that I have found (might even be more) .. if I click the register link or the view basket button it throws everything out of alignment and does not add my header/logo or anything else I added to the index.php file ... see screenie below (this is the register page)

by looks of it there are going to be changes have to be made in areas that are not within the skins folder so if I change things in other files (e.g. cart.php as that is what the register link and view basket appears to use) then it will affect other skins at a later stage and I would rather not have to do that

Looks like this is going to end up more complicated than I originally thought and just might have to give up and forget the whole thing

Guest SDRJ

its all ok now .. have resolved these matters now

thanks to all concerned for the help

hope not to trouble you anymore with problems

now to ask sales some questions regarding licence .. lol