Can't delete category...

lvemy3100

Ok I would first like to thank everyone at CubeCart for putting out such a great product that can be used by all for FREE :blink:

I would also like to warn everyone that I know almost nothing about coding and it took me about 15hrs to figure out how to get my site setup to begin with so PLEASE bear with me.. Now on to my little problem..

Basically I tried to add products to a category and it shows WAY more products than should be there.. so I delete all products only to still show products present yet there really isnt anything there when you view the category on the site. Now I cant delete the category cause it believes that there are still products present.

I have had this problem once in the past but found a way to sorta "work around" it by deleting the name and saving the category that way.. the category was list on the top nav bar so it only shows as a tab that cant be clicked... problem temporarily solved till I had some time.. fast forward 3 months (cause I forgot) and now it happens again only this time I cant "hide" it.. lol

I am running..

CubeCart Version: 3.0.15

PHP Version: 4.3.11

MySQL Version: 4.0.27-max-log

Server Software: Apache

you can view the "issues" at the following links..

Blank tab- http://www.mpracing.org/store/index.php

category supposedly containing 6 items but contains nothing- http://www.mpracing.org/store/index.php?ac...at&catId=29

if anyone could possibly think of anything that could help me I would certainly appreciate it..

TIA

-Mark

There are no products in that category, and there are no sub categories. Therefore I see no reason why that category cannot be deleted.

If you wish, PM me your admin login to the cart, I'll have a look at that category and see if it will delete for me.

Another way to re-use that category is to just move it to make it a subcategory of another category. There is nothing to say that category must stay at the top level.

If you are ending up with more products than should be in there, are you double clicking on the buttons in admin? you only need to single click on web page buttons.

Regarding the category not containing the 6 products, did you use an import tool to add the products to the store, or did you add them via Admin?

There are no products in that category, and there are no sub categories. Therefore I see no reason why that category cannot be deleted.

in Admin it shows there are products even though there aren't

If you are ending up with more products than should be in there, are you double clicking on the buttons in admin? you only need to single click on web page buttons.

I am aware that you only need to click once and have not clicked any buttons twice while adding products or using any other functions of the admin section.

Regarding the category not containing the 6 products, did you use an import tool to add the products to the store, or did you add them via Admin?

I added them via Admin

Try downloading and using FixCatCount. This may let you delete it without mucking about in your database. You can find it by Googling the file name.

B)

You can resolve this by deleting the category in the database.

lol... not sure how to do that

Try downloading and using FixCatCount. This may let you delete it without mucking about in your database. You can find it by Googling the file name.

B)

thanks... I just found it and am backing up my database right now... I hope this works...

Everyone- thanks for all the replies

tried to run the use the fixcatcount.php and this is what I get...

Warning: main(../../includes/ini.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/v/e/lvemy3100/html/store/fixCatCount.php on line 30

Warning: main(../../includes/ini.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/v/e/lvemy3100/html/store/fixCatCount.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../includes/ini.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/l/v/e/lvemy3100/html/store/fixCatCount.php on line 30

Warning: main(../../includes/global.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/v/e/lvemy3100/html/store/fixCatCount.php on line 31

Warning: main(../../includes/global.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/v/e/lvemy3100/html/store/fixCatCount.php on line 31

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../includes/global.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/l/v/e/lvemy3100/html/store/fixCatCount.php on line 31

Warning: main(../../classes/db.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/v/e/lvemy3100/html/store/fixCatCount.php on line 32

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../../classes/db.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/l/v/e/lvemy3100/html/store/fixCatCount.php on line 32

anyone got a clue what I am doing wrong (aside from doing this myself.. lol)

fixCatCount.php needs be loaded into the /admin/categories/ directory.

Then you log into your Admin panel and call it thusly:

http://yourdomain.com/store/admin/categories/fixCatCount.php

That should take care of you. :D

:w00t:

Sir William you are indeed "THE MAN" B)

everything is all worked out and my site looks normal again... I thought it would be jacked up like that forever

thanks a ton to everyone who responded.. you guys all rock for helping out such a newb like me

lol... not sure how to do that

1-First, BACKUP YOUR DATABASE. I cannot be responsible for any missing or messed up Databases. I have done this before, and it resolved my problem of empty categories that could not be deleted from the Admin Panel.

2-Login in to your phpMyAdmin page

3-In the DATABASES pull down menu, select your store database.

4-Select the cube_cubecart_category link on the left side.

5-When this opens, select the BROWSE tab on top (next to the STRUCTURE abd SQL tabs.

6-Select the red X (DELETE) icon to remove the desired row.

That's it.