My site to date.. I know it needs a lot of more work

Guest Wombots

Guest Wombots

Okay so my site isnt the greatest but I am a Work at Home mum who is not computer literate by any means of the Imagination! ive retired from my profession to stay home and look after our children but I want to work from and by this I now sew and make clothes and Environmentally nappies for babies ONLINE.

My store is a Make your Own store whereby Shoppers choose the style of Nappy they want by way of All in One, Nappy Cover or Boosters etc. They choose the Outer layer of their nappy, the size they require, the colour of the flannette for the inner layer and what colour snap closures they want. Then I make their nappies and their order is finished.

Ive had to set up payment via Paypal and for Direct Deposit so Ive used the PRINT order form which has my details on it.

Im yet to design a logo for Wombots because I dont know how to do one..?? So how Do i do one..i know what I want - the Letters WMBTS in a funky curly writing and the O is to be a sun with dashes round it and a funny kids smiley face! To me it sounds simple but Ive tried using PAINT and Im having trouble. I have no clue on how to INSERT this into my front page. I use the control panel from my server host to load the Cubecart program and Ive done my whole site using just the cube cart admin feature.

So what do I need to do to my site to make it awesome??? Ive seen rather funky ones out there and Id like your opinions. Please help me I want my site to look really funky.

IGNORE ABOVE AS I JUST ACCIDENTLY DELETED MY WHOLE DAMN PUBLIC HTML FILE FROM MY SERVER!! OH INSERT * TEARS * here

Guest hardnut33

there is full instructions for adding your own logo here...

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=12497

read the pinned posts over and over for details of making loads of minor changes and adjustments...including how to upload your logo to a particular skin..

if you do need help or advice then post the question in that particular forum

obviously the first thing to do is CREATE the logo...or try and get someone to do this at cubecart.org

then this can be uploaded through your control panel...

the pinned posts will tell you what it needs to be called and what size it should be for each skin..

i hope this helps

as for the site, i aint an expert but i give you full marks for having a go and if you give it a few weeks, you'll be modding it up to the max in no time!! lol

Guest eavenue

IGNORE ABOVE AS I JUST ACCIDENTLY DELETED MY WHOLE DAMN PUBLIC HTML FILE FROM MY SERVER!! OH INSERT * TEARS * here

Hey Wombots,

Sorry to hear about the deletion of your file, but just wanted to let you know that I had the same experience. I tried Zen and OS Commerce before finding CC (Thank God!).

I was trying to clean up my files a bit and thought I was deleting the file containing OS Com. I deleted... and realized it was the CC file instead.

But I just contacted our webhost, told 'em what i did and they restored it. Said they have a trash bin that holds files for 14 days... for situations like that. They restored and in about 2 minutes, it was back up and running. Try your host and see.

Hope this helps!

Guest Wombots

Ive emailed them and IM waiting for a reply!

im trying to reload it using my control panel and im using fantastico and its telling me I cant reinstall it because I already have a script in the root directory?

IM so confused and I cried all night.. Im just so shattered that I did this... lost nearly two weeks of work.

Guest Wombots

I looked it wasnt there. Host had to reset my account and Ive had to reinstall Cube cart and start again....

Im so over this right now!!