USPS Rate v3 Module

Al Brookbanks

* UPDATED 11th JULY v4 - tested & working with National & International *

- Although the documentations says test transactions have to be passed before they will move your account to the production server this is not longer the case. New activation instructions can be found in the new module attached.

Below is a new USPS module which addresses the changes for Rate v3. It has been tested on CubeCart 3.0.16 returning both international and national quotes.

To install take a backup of your store and upload the contents over your existing files.

MOD Edit: Related thread posted/stickied: Here

USPSv4.zip

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest midwestdedicated

We have installed this modificate, but still receive the following error.

With Debugging on:

USPS ERROR: International mail type not set.

With Debiggin off:

Failed to add package

Is there some other setting in the admin section we need to use?

Below is a new USPS module which addresses the changes for Rate v3. It has been tested on CubeCart 3.0.16 returning both international and national quotes.

To install take a backup of your store and upload the contents over your existing files.

Guest hrblcantra

Tried it and get the following no matter how I have priority mail setup.

Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll

Please register at http://www.usps.com/webtools/ and enter the correct username and password in the CubeCart control panel. You MUST have a successful test transaction before USPS will give you access to the live server.

Please go back and verify your login information. Remember, you must have your USPS issued username entered and something in the password box.

Guest gatonegra

No luck here either ;) Get the error:

Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll

Please register at http://www.usps.com/webtools/ and enter the correct username and password in the CubeCart control panel. You MUST have a successful test transaction before USPS will give you access to the live server.

Please go back and verify your login information. Remember, you must have your USPS issued username entered and something in the password box.

As far as I know this works for those who have an activated USPS account. I'll be going over their documentation today to see how you are supposed to submit a test transaction I've tried the new staging server and old test server but neither will have it.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused and I'm struggling to understand why this has proven to been so difficult.

I will post back asap.

Whereas I was able to get quotes using the previously updated module (v2a), I am unable to get any rate quotes from the tests with this one. I get an authorization error like the others.

I have emailed USPS customer care to verify that my account is still active. I was switched live soon after I purchased my CC license, which was a year or two ago, so I expect that it's still good. If not, I'll let you know.

EDIT: USPS confirmed that my account is still active.

Hi, I uploaded this most recent USPS fix and while I did pass the auth test, I am now getting "Failed to add the package" when I try to do a test check out.

Any ideas why it is doing this?

Sorry, I should clarify... I passed the authorization test with the previous USPS fix that was posted in the other topic (I presume that one had the international test commented out?). I tried to rerun it using the one posted in this topic, and it indeed failed.

Guest Workshed Media

Right I think the test URL is wrong.

Can someone be so kind as to try:

$USPSURL = "http://stg-production.shippingapis.com/shippingapi.dll";

Rather than:

$USPSURL = "http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll";

On around line 438

Just tried that with no luck -- still getting authentication error with no rate results.

Guest hrblcantra

Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: http://stg-production.shippingapis.com/shippingapi.dll

Still getting the same error, different url now though.

The thing that is killing me is that this module is working if your account is live on their production server. It just won't seem to work with the test URL.

I was on the phone to USPS last night but we couldn't resolve it.

I will have to pay attention to this again today.

My account IS live with the USPS servers, but I get the "Failed to add a package" error, AND fail in the tests if I re-run them. I got my email from USPS saying my account was live yesterday morning, and I did my test checkout (getting the failed add a package error) and ran the USPS tests from the config page, AFTER I got that email.

How does that fit into this issue?

Is there a way to get the "Failed to add a package" error fixed? I could care less about using the test servers now, I was just seeing if it worked or not with the new update. All I care about is getting rid of that error so someone can actually check out using that module!

By the way, I have seen the fixes for the "Failed to add a package" error in the old revisions (like 3.0.8 or something) on the forums, like back in 2006, but I don't want to use those fixes now because of how many revisions there have been since then.

If someone can figure out how those fixes would apply to this revision (I have 3.0.15 with the USPS fix posted in this topic), that is pretty much all I need.

Guest Boniknik

By the way, I have seen the fixes for the "Failed to add a package" error in the old revisions (like 3.0.8 or something) on the forums, like back in 2006, but I don't want to use those fixes now because of how many revisions there have been since then.

If someone can figure out how those fixes would apply to this revision (I have 3.0.15 with the USPS fix posted in this topic), that is pretty much all I need.

Hello, I was experiencing the same problem but I was able to fix it. I have opened a topic here http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=28196 with the instructions on how I fixed it.

I basically just re-uploaded all the files that were overwritten by the mod that Al posted on this thread.

I think the only problem was getting to pass the test when enabling USPS on the admin area, and the mod that Al have fix it, but after that you will need your old files that were overwritten by this mod so you will not have the "failed to add a package" error or "USPS ERROR: One of the following variables was empty. service = '', zip_origin = '93551', zip_dest = '37931', size = ''"

I hope this works for you. :)

Guest Jump1979man

Even after upload of this fix it still does not work for me either just like everyone else is saying.

maybe its because the download is v2.....when it is supposed to be v3??

Guest budgetballer

That v2 patch and the fix that Boniknik posted does not work for me. The USPS module is one of a few main reasons I chose cubecart (and paid for the key) :ninja:

Guest midwestdedicated

We're still dead in the water too for International orders too. Considering the on-line store that is using Cubecart sells a HUGE amount of product to South Korea, this is very problematic for them. Like I have said in earlier posts, I would PAY just about anything (within reason) to get this solved.

I understand how busy you must be with the beta of CC4.

Since I usually ship out flat rate priority mail, I've set up Flat Rate Shipping in addition to UPS as an alternative.