USPS Rate v3 Module

Al Brookbanks

I've removed USPSv2.zip and replaced it with USPSv3.zip

It has been tested and returned quotes with all methods enabled for rates from US, Florida to US, Florida and from US, Florida to my UK postcode. :errm:

I hope it works for you too.

Edited by Al

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed the new module, did a test order, and got the following error message:

Request XML:<RateV3Request USERID="699POWER2015" PASSWORD="password"><Package ID="0"><Service>PRIORITY</Service><ZipOrigination>49504</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>49504</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>Regular</Size></Package></RateV3Request>Return XML:<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219431</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV3:clsRateV3ValidateContainer;RateEngineV3.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Invalid container type. Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Box.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package></RateV3Response>

Guest Mrs. B.

Okay, so I finally got the test to go through, and got client set up on production/live server of USPS. Got everything set up shipping and showing up as options in the cart (There are options in Admin for Priority mail to be shipped Variable Rate or in Regular Box, etc, but the only thing that actually works is Flat Rate Envelope or Box).

So all that is straight, except when I get to the payment section the shipping charge doesn't show on the Print Order Form, nor is it passed on to Paypal (who is the only option for online Payment).

What to do about that? :w00t:

Guest Niki

Well, I solved the "failed to add the package" error I was getting before....

Apparently, this module does NOT like it if you have absolutely no weight set on the product. :dizzy:

I guess it makes sense in a way, but what I sell is so lightweight I didn't think it would matter. Lesson learned.

Otherwise, the shipping price seemed to transfer to paypal OK, so I am not sure how to help the previous poster...

Oh, to fix this, I turned on debugging in the USPS config, and it told me straight away what the problem was (no weight set). So, FYI to anyone getting that error, turn on debugging to help you figure out where the hold up is.

Guest Jump1979man

I now get this.....

Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

Please register at http://www.usps.com/webtools/ and enter the correct username and password in the CubeCart control panel. You MUST have a successful test transaction before USPS will give you access to the live server.

Please go back and verify your login information. Remember, you must have your USPS issued username entered and something in the password box.

I have already registered now TWICE and it is giving me this for both of them....

Guest Mrs. B.

Otherwise, the shipping price seemed to transfer to paypal OK, so I am not sure how to help the previous poster...

Thanks for the concern. For anyone else also having the same problem, see this thread. Hopefully with enough heads put together something will come of it. (Something like a fix, that is! :sourcerer: )

Guest wescide

Installed the new module, did a test order, and got the following error message:

Request XML:<RateV3Request USERID="699POWER2015" PASSWORD="password"><Package ID="0"><Service>PRIORITY</Service><ZipOrigination>49504</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>49504</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>Regular</Size></Package></RateV3Request>Return XML:<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219431</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV3:clsRateV3ValidateContainer;RateEngineV3.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Invalid container type. Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Box.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package></RateV3Response>

I get the same error now. It just shows up on the checkout page at the top, making the page look screwy. Is there a fix for this. The rates show up, not completely accurate, but i'm making progress

Guest Mrs. B.

I get the same error now. It just shows up on the checkout page at the top, making the page look screwy. Is there a fix for this. The rates show up, not completely accurate, but i'm making progress

Yes, the key is in this part of the error message:

Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Box.

You need to go into your config and set your container type for Priority Mail to either Flat Rate Envelope or Flat Rate Box. It would seem you should be able to pick something else, but if you need it to work, that is the way to go for now.

Guest wescide

Yes, the key is in this part of the error message:

Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Box.

You need to go into your config and set your container type for Priority Mail to either Flat Rate Envelope or Flat Rate Box. It would seem you should be able to pick something else, but if you need it to work, that is the way to go for now.

This is killing me. Below is an example taken right out of their new API documentation users guide:

http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll?API=RateV3&XML=<RateV3Request%20USERID="000AAAAA9999"><Package%20ID="1ST"><Service>FIRST%20CLASS</Service><FirstClassMailType>LETTER</FirstClassMailType><ZipOrigination>44106</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>90210</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>0.75</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>false</Machinable></Package><Package%20ID="2ND"><Service>PRIORITY</Service><ZipOrigination>44106</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>20770</ZipDestination><Pounds>5</Pounds><Ounces>8</Ounces><Container>NONRECTANGULAR</Container><Size>LARGE</Size><Width>15</Width><Length>30</Length><Height>15</Height><Girth>55</Girth></Package><Package%20ID="3RD"><Service>ALL</Service><ZipOrigination>90210</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>20770</ZipDestination><Pounds>8</Pounds><Ounces>32</Ounces><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>LARGE</Size><Width>15</Width><Length>30</Length><Height>15</Height><Machinable>true</Machinable></Package></RateV3Request>

The above produces the error:

<Error>

<Number>80040b1a</Number>

<Description>Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.</Description>

<Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source>

</Error>

However if I use the USERID provided after registration in place of "000AAAAA9999" it returns the error:

<Error>

<Number>80040b1a</Number>

<Description>API Authorization failure. RateV3 is not a valid API name for this protocol.</Description>

<Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source>

</Error>

?!?

I don't see how we can get our module working to RateV3 when their own examples DON'T work!!! ;) :D

After a call to USPS they told me we shouldn't send tests before going live. Version four of this module is now attached.

New activation instructions are included in this new module.

I'm pleased we got there eventually. Pheew. I with their documentation matched. :sourcerer:

Hi Al,

I uploaded the files, enabled the USPS shipping module in Admin, noticed that the options in Priority Mail are the same as before with 5 container types, left the Variable Rate container that was previously selected, placed a test order, and got the following:

Request XML:<RateV3Request USERID="myuserid" PASSWORD="password"><Package ID="0"><Service>PRIORITY</Service><ZipOrigination>49504</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>49504</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>2</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>Regular</Size></Package></RateV3Request>Return XML:<?xml version="1.0"?>

If they're not going to allow Variable Rate Priority Mail containers, then we should take that option out of the list. (Although it seems stupid that they won't provide a rate for a valid container type.)

When I changed the container type to Flat Rate Box, no errors came up, although the quotes are different from what they are when I actually ship an item. (i.e. - The 'real' rate for Flat Rate Priority Box is $8.10, yet the real-time rate is quoted at $8.95.)

I haven't tried an International test, but I'll trust that it's working until I find out otherwise.

Guest Paula Shinn

I've tried several times to download the module but each time the files show up as Microsoft Picture It documents. Never had this happen before and very frustrating. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and where are the new instructions for USPS. Can't see those either.

Thanks for anyone's help,

Kricket

Guest Technocrat

Since no one has posted fixes yet

To get around:

USPS ERROR: One of the following variables was empty...

Open /modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php

Find:

if(!$usps->add_package($package) && $module['debug']==0) die("Failed to add the package");

Replace with:

//if(!$usps->add_package($package) && $module['debug']==0) die("Failed to add the package");

To get around:

Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server...
Please not this assumes the USPS shipping is/was working for you before. Open /modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php Find:

$usps->submit_request();

Replace with:

//$usps->submit_request();

Guest gatonegra

Still getting this on checkout:

Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

Please register at http://www.usps.com/webtools/ and enter the correct username and password in the CubeCart control panel. You MUST have a successful test transaction before USPS will give you access to the live server.

Please go back and verify your login information. Remember, you must have your USPS issued username entered and something in the password box.

:sourcerer:

Guest Technocrat

After looking closer

Your case "Parcel": is the fault as $moduleKey is actually "ParcelM" for what ever reason. This is what causes the

USPS ERROR: One of the following variables was empty...

The error that comes back from USPS is

API Authorization failure. RateV3 is not a valid API name for this protocol

On both testing and production

Guest gatonegra

I was on the production server already according to USPS. However I created a new account and it now seems to be working. Thanks for all your help.

Guest topdotter

I'm experiencing a problem different from what I've seen in this thread that when I use an international destination, all the USPS shipping options show up in the dropdown list even though I've only enabled First Class Mail. When I use USA as the destination, only the First Class Mail shows up as it's supposed to. I almost feel like my Admin is messed up since it's only showing me one screen for all the USPS shipping options. Is there supposed to be two separate screens; one for domestic and one for international?

Thanks, Shmuel

Guest Technocrat

Finally it works! I don't know why it didn't like V3 for some reason the other day, but it now appears to be up and running.

The only thing that needed changing was:

modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php

Find:

case "Parcel":

Replace with:

case "ParcelM":

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Boniknik

Hi, I just want to inquire if USPS shipping module of cubecart allows shipping to Military Address (APO/FPO).

Everything works fine with my cubecart installation but it returns an error when my customers address is a military address.

My friend informed me that zen cart's USPS shipping module allows shipping to military address, so I want to know if cubecart's USPS shipping module also supports this so I will know if maybe I did something wrong with my installation of cubecart usps shipping module.

Thanks in advance everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dragonspearls

I've installed CC 3.0.17, and everything has been going fine until now. And I've checked through the forum to see if anyone has posted the same problem.

I got an email from USPS saying that my domain has been added to the production server, so I enabled the USPS module and ran a test. I get an error that says:

Return XML:<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Error>

<Number>-2147219085</Number>

<Source>Rate_Respond.;SOLServerRates.RateV3_Respond</Source>

<Description>Invalid XML Element cannot be empty according to the DTD/Schema.</Description>

<HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext>

</Error>

Umm ..... help? Please?

Although I've done fine with the (relatively minor) changes I've made so far in personalizing the cart for my domain, this is beyond my ability. Any ideas on what the problem is, and how to fix it, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Carol

www.dpnaturals.com