Site not being spidered

Guest sachie

Guest sachie

Hi All,

We recentely went live and I have been doing some checked to make sure that my site is being spidered ok. I used a program called XENU Link Sleuth. I have found that it is unable to spider my site. I have spoken to a devloper and he advised to speak with my host. I have done this and they have pointed to it being the cart software.

Can anyone have a check and let me know what my be causing the site not to be spidered? I have checked my robots.txt file and it all looks ok.

The link is in the image attached. I have done this as I do not wish the name to be picked up on search engines here. This happened a while ago and it keep on being picked up.

Thanks in advance

Sachie

There's no reason your site cannot be spidered unless you have a robots.txt preventing it. if you do, delete the file. Your site has other problems. The load time is high and this affect visitors on a 56k modem and , yes there are still plenty of them.

Here's a spider-eye view of your site:

URL:

Title: Datalogging solutions - Temperature, Humidity, Voltage, Current, Pressure, Shock

Description: Suppliers of Temperature, humidity, voltage, current, shock, Ethernet, GSM, USB and RS232 dataloggers.Exceptional value for money and delivering, functionality and performance, without sacrificing the most important factors of quality and reliability

Keywords: dataloggers, datalogger, data logger, data loggers, ethernet, USB, lcd display, temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, voltage, current, recorder, RS232, pharmaceutical, food, wireless, transportation, cold chain, fridge, freezer, storage, 21CFR PART 11, Water Level, pressure, parameters, WiFi, calibration

Size: 15428

Text: Datalogging solutions Temperature, Humidity, Voltage, Current, Pressure, Shock Subscribe to our Newsletter Email Search for an item Welcome Guest Select Currency Browse by parameter Browse by interface Accessories Tuesday June Loggershop Recommends Loggershop supplies dataloggers from pioneers in datalogging technologies offering exceptional value for money, delivering advanced functionality and performance, without sacrificing the most important factors of quality and reliability. Loggershop offers an ever expanding range of over dataloggers, to collect a vast array of enviromental parameters including temperature, humidity, voltage, current, pressure, shock, for configuration and analysis by advanced user friendly software, via Wireless Radio, WiFi, USB, RS , Ethernet and even mobile phones Copyright

Number of words: 107

Number of distinct words: 83

Links:

HTML:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<title>Datalogging solutions - Temperature, Humidity, Voltage, Current, Pressure, Shock</title>

<meta name="description" content="Suppliers of Temperature, humidity, voltage, current, shock, Ethernet, GSM, USB and RS232 dataloggers.Exceptional value for money and delivering, functionality and performance, without sacrificing the most important factors of quality and reliability" />

<meta name="keywords" content="loggershop, dataloggers, datalogger, data logger, data loggers, ethernet, USB, lcd display, temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, voltage, current, recorder, RS232, pharmaceutical, food, wireless, transportation, cold chain, fridge, freezer, storage, 21CFR PART 11, Water Level, pressure, parameters, WiFi, calibration" />

<meta name="author" content="Takeshi Designs" />

<meta name="copyright" content="Takeshi Designs" />

<meta name="publisher" content="Takeshi Designs" />

<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />

<link href="/skins/Killer/styleSheets/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/skins/Killer/styleSheets/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" />

<link rel="icon" href="/animated_favicon1.gif" type="image/gif" />

<script language="javascript" src="/js/jslibrary.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script language="javascript" src="/js/gen_validatorv2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Post edited at the request of the site owner.

Guest sachie

Thanks for that roban,

Could you remove the text in your post that mentions my site? just don't need it being picked up on the search engines.

Cheers

Sachie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sachie

Roban, please remove all references of our shop. If you could remove the spider eye view of the site that that would be nice. Its getting picked up on google

Cheers

Sachie

Hi sachie,

could you please pm me the url of your store- I'm currently working as a Labview Developer, and also have a background in Automation and are always on the lookout for good uk suppliers.

Good luck with the Google indexing - personally a link from these forums is usually enough to kick things off :-)

Cheers!

Jason