Joomla and Cube Cart

Guest M3iSD

Guest M3iSD

Hi Guys, project I've done on ecommerce. This site is designed to be fast and hopefully effective. Integrated the entire cube cart into Joomla with a online Chat facility as a "live" calldesk/ helpdesk centre.

Have a look at LessTEN

Hi Guys, project I've done on ecommerce. This site is designed to be fast and hopefully effective. Integrated the entire cube cart into Joomla with a online Chat facility as a "live" calldesk/ helpdesk centre.

Have a look at LessTEN

You have a static menu hovering over the site on the right that doesn't move, which is very annoying. Didn't even notice it when I first visited, but the large horizontal scroll bar brought it to my attention. Is it needed? The left menu is also half hidden in FireFox, and overlaps the cart in Opera (not tried it on the Mac).

Your colour scheme is a little harsh, and clashes in places with the default CubeCart colour scheme remaining.

Using a frame to show CubeCart is not the best method of integrating the software. Try Modx, it is much better and more flexible than Joomla.

Sorry, a little more nagitive than you expected I think. If you're looking for a fast effective site, make better use of the global templates :whistle:

Guest M3iSD

Have a look at LessTEN

You have a static menu hovering over the site on the right that doesn't move, which is very annoying. Didn't even notice it when I first visited, but the large horizontal scroll bar brought it to my attention. Is it needed? The left menu is also half hidden in FireFox, and overlaps the cart in Opera (not tried it on the Mac).

Your colour scheme is a little harsh, and clashes in places with the default CubeCart colour scheme remaining.

Using a frame to show CubeCart is not the best method of integrating the software. Try Modx, it is much better and more flexible than Joomla.

Sorry, a little more nagitive than you expected I think. If you're looking for a fast effective site, make better use of the global templates :whistle:

Thanks all input/ help much appreciated!

Guest M3iSD

Nice job :whistle:

You did it by inserting a link to an external URL and in frame window?

Thank you Vrakas! - Yes, used the Joomla Wrapper and once the categories have been set, it is simply matter of getting the correct links published. The user off course have the option to switch to a pure Cube Cart Layout. Thanks once again for making Cube Cart available!

Regards

Pierre

Guest reb_76

in firefox, your left hand menu is cut off.

and this is purely personal preference, but why do you have the visitor count stalking me as I scroll down the page? :whistle: It interferes with the text I'm trying to read...

Guest M3iSD

and this is purely personal preference, but why do you have the visitor count stalking me as I scroll down the page? ;) It interferes with the text I'm trying to read...

Thanks Rep_76 busy testing on firefox and counter gone, thanks for you input!

Pierre

Guest offthehook

I'm really sorry but I'm looking in Firefox and the layout is in a bit of a state.

The left hand menu is not wide enough to hold the text.

On the category page all the boxes in the centre appear to be overlapping.

I'm confused as why you have used joomla as there appears to be no advantage, the helpdesk section looks like what it is, another website placed inside a frame. No cohesion in the design there at all.

You have two search boxes. The top one does not return results in Cubecart and am assuming that is joomla, although it looks like it just uses a google search. The second search box has a label in white text on a pale yellow background which is unreadable with a button that just says go. When you figure out what it is you'll be confused why there are two searches. I certainly was.

The visitors text that follows me down the page is annoying and serves no purpose. Cleverness for the sake of cleverness.

Well I guess its clear I don't like the design, but thats a personal opinion and purely subjective. I'm sure you won't like some of my design (perhaps all of them!), so lets put that aside because my biggest concern with your site is that you have over 5,000 products and on all of the products I clicked on you have no textual content.

Thats going to cost you dearly in the search engine results and its not going to give potential customers much information on the products. What incentive is there to buy when you have no information to base your purchase on.

Here's an example:

Product Information

Plug Adaptor Eurodapter Discontinue

Price: R0

* Tell a Friend

Product Code: E-10010

In Stock: 200

What is that product? Is it discontinued? And if so why are there 200 in stock? What price is "R0".

I can't see on first sight what you are selling, what kind of store you are and why I should shop with you. I think you need to forget trying to be clever and bringing in the helpdesk system and get back to basics and load your site with textual content and keywords otherwise you may not be be getting many visitors.

Its a mistake quite a few stores make as they concentrate on layout over content. Content is king in the search engines, and you must take time to have a full description of your products with plenty of key words and phrases.

I wish you luck with your venture.

Guest M3iSD

I'm really sorry but I'm looking in Firefox and the layout is in a bit of a state.

The left hand menu is not wide enough to hold the text.

On the category page all the boxes in the centre appear to be overlapping.

I'm confused as why you have used joomla as there appears to be no advantage, the helpdesk section looks like what it is, another website placed inside a frame. No cohesion in the design there at all.

You have two search boxes. The top one does not return results in Cubecart and am assuming that is joomla, although it looks like it just uses a google search. The second search box has a label in white text on a pale yellow background which is unreadable with a button that just says go. When you figure out what it is you'll be confused why there are two searches. I certainly was.

The visitors text that follows me down the page is annoying and serves no purpose. Cleverness for the sake of cleverness.

Well I guess its clear I don't like the design, but thats a personal opinion and purely subjective. I'm sure you won't like some of my design (perhaps all of them!), so lets put that aside because my biggest concern with your site is that you have over 5,000 products and on all of the products I clicked on you have no textual content.

Thats going to cost you dearly in the search engine results and its not going to give potential customers much information on the products. What incentive is there to buy when you have no information to base your purchase on.

Here's an example:

Product Information

Plug Adaptor Eurodapter Discontinue

Price: R0

* Tell a Friend

Product Code: E-10010

In Stock: 200

What is that product? Is it discontinued? And if so why are there 200 in stock? What price is "R0".

I can't see on first sight what you are selling, what kind of store you are and why I should shop with you. I think you need to forget trying to be clever and bringing in the helpdesk system and get back to basics and load your site with textual content and keywords otherwise you may not be be getting many visitors.

Its a mistake quite a few stores make as they concentrate on layout over content. Content is king in the search engines, and you must take time to have a full description of your products with plenty of key words and phrases.

I wish you luck with your venture.

Thank you "offthehook" - all input respected and appreciated. Yes it is a wholesale site serving and existing customer base. The content of the site and prices not being displayed are according the owner's requirement. Clients/ users are only formally quoted once the content of the shopping cart is forwarded to the owner/ manager. You are right the entire site is build on non-commercial software and as for the Joomla part off it - I found it bit more manageable to add additional content as we do not have control regarding the servers with reference to php/ apache/ MySQL versions and the admin/management thereof. Joomla made this ito of its backend capabilities a bit easier. (for me that is)

I am working on the Fire Fox issues as well as Opera and once againthank you for your valuable input.

Kind Regards

Guest webicon

and this is purely personal preference, but why do you have the visitor count stalking me as I scroll down the page?  It interferes with the text I'm trying to read...

echo that . and in addition would like to add...

- I have a very large monitor and resolution. While I'm not your average customer you may want to think about setting a max-width value. (Personal preference only)

- You may want to have a look over at cubecart.org for the category gallery fix (which stops the category box badly wrapping short of the category images)

-Your integration has 'lost' the title bar copyright notice which you are required to have (unless purchased)

-

That said - I've got to say that you have potentially a very nice well integrated customer portal there. I wish some of my suppliers put this much thought in providing this service via their websites :)

Guest M3iSD

and this is purely personal preference, but why do you have the visitor count stalking me as I scroll down the page?  It interferes with the text I'm trying to read...

echo that . and in addition would like to add...

- I have a very large monitor and resolution. While I'm not your average customer you may want to think about setting a max-width value. (Personal preference only)

- You may want to have a look over at cubecart.org for the category gallery fix (which stops the category box badly wrapping short of the category images)

-Your integration has 'lost' the title bar copyright notice which you are required to have (unless purchased)

-

That said - I've got to say that you have potentially a very nice well integrated customer portal there. I wish some of my suppliers put this much thought in providing this service via their websites :)

Thank you "webicon" yes the images and the lefthand column is still a problem - hopefully soon fixed. The Copyright notice is displayed clearly right at the bottom - unless i am missing critical other detail? Please advice, also asking the Cube-Cart developers to confirm if that is right as it is have not ? I think possibly you should just scroll down a bit further to the bottom. Thank you.

Kind regards

Guest M3iSD

See the note on what you can and cant do about the copyright. As I understand it you are required to have BOTH in title AND at bottom...

Better Still - Buy a License - its a small price to pay for such a great product :)

Thank you "WebIcon" Problem Fixed!. To all others who are doing the same - you must fix this in your Global Configuration of your Joomla Backend. Although the copyright is shown at the bottom the (Powered by Cube Cart) in browser title must be added using the Global Configuration Settings of the Joomla Backend. Thanks to WebIcon I have missed out on it! My sincere apologies. Bulk Purchase of Cube Cart a definite in anticipation of Cube Cart 4.

Regards

M3iSD