500 Internal Server Error

bsmither

When editing an order's status, if I check the "Inform customer" checkbox, I always get a 500 Internal Server Error. If it's not checked, I get the order status updated successfully.

So maybe there's a problem with how e-mails addresses are being manipulated here?

I was also told of several 500 ISE's when customers called to say that when moving from step 4 to step 5 of checking out (step five is when the customer is asked for their credit card number, if I recall), it crashed. It happened to me (as a prior successful customer) as I was making a test run through it. Backing up and trying again, I got through. So here it might *not* be an e-mail issue.

I mention e-mail because I've stumbled across several messages that pin the blame on mis-matched e-mails for customer and/or administrator when CC didn't work quite right.

CCv3.0.15 hosted on Godaddy shared server, Apache Linux.

When editing an order's status, if I check the "Inform customer" checkbox, I always get a 500 Internal Server Error. If it's not checked, I get the order status updated successfully.

So maybe there's a problem with how e-mails addresses are being manipulated here?

Yup. That was the problem.

Admin, General Settings (Store Settings), Styles and Misc: Email Address

You cannot put more than one e-mail address in this field.

I thought this address was to be used only to send relevant status notices To:, not From:. But I see that it's used as both. The email address specified when Administrators are created must receive something from the store???